Speed Triple Vs T-rex

steve59

Local time
Today, 09:13
First Name
steve
My Ride
2006 Rocket 3 classic
I don't think we're questioning the quality of triumph manufacturing considering we all own triumph, at least my concern is without new riders buying bikes the company won't be around to keep me in parts or new bikes i my 70's. and what attracts new riders? 2 things, not necessarily in this order,pussy or horsepower. If your riding to attract girls you run out and buy a harley,if your an enthusiast you look at the numbers These guys, like me, probably still don't know triumph is back in business until they stumble into a dealership and see a new bike.

CarlS

Big Kahuna
Riding for 61 Years
Staff
Local time
Today, 10:13
First Name
Carl
My Ride
12 Tiger 800 XC
Now, Trey, are you embarrassing those dudes on their hot sport bikes? I took one a couple of weeks ago in the twisties on my Tiger! Now the straight away was a horse of a different color. :D But he was in my way in the twisties.

Handlebar

Local time
First Name
Robert
My Ride
Ducati Scrambler
I have owned several naked bikes and naked bikes. I currently have a S3R as my naked bike. I don't usually leave home with the intention of acting crazy, but I find it so hard to control myself. Sometimes I find myself thinking that maybe I should sell my Speed Triple and start riding something a little more easy going. Then I remind myself that I've tried that before and just end up with more bikes because after buying the less powerful, less hooligan bike I always start to feel the need for speed and end up buying the latest iteration. This is how I ended up with the last several bikes I have purchased. I myself have looked at the new Super Duke and the BMW S1000R. But how much more do they really offer on the road. I have owned bikes with more power than my Speed Triple R, but not a better handling bike. It does look like KTM and BMW may have accomplished both. But bikes are also about balance and soul. I have had many brands of motorcycles and my S3R is my third Triumph. I am not so brand loyal as to think there is nothing better out there. But as was mentioned earlier most riders never utilize the capability of the current class of sport or naked bikes. I know the more I ride the S3 the fonder I am of it. When pushed hard she never disappoints. There will always be a latest and greatest coming out in the next model year. The fastest out there now can give a less capable rider a false sense of security. All the electronic interventions that will soon be standard on all the top liter bikes will help keep you out of trouble and not wheelie yourself on your head but I think I'll keep my S3R a little longer refine my skills with a little less help. Maybe I'm just getting old but then again maybe next year temptation will get the better of me and brute power and electronics will win out. Ride what you love and love what you ride.

CarlS

Big Kahuna
Riding for 61 Years
Staff
Local time
First Name
Carl
My Ride
12 Tiger 800 XC
Maybe I'm just getting old but then again maybe next year temptation will get the better of me and brute power and electronics will win out. Ride what you love and love what you ride.
That sums it well and that is why I am keeping 2012 Tiger and trading it for a 2015.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Top Bottom