paddit

Local time
Today, 00:47
First Name
Chris
My Ride
Triumph Speedmaster 865
Hi everyone
I've had a couple of instances now where my 09 Speedy stalls when I have to brake quickly - not quite an emergency stop. Is this normal?

Hi everyone
I've had a couple of instances now where my 09 Speedy stalls when I have to brake quickly - not quite an emergency stop. Is this normal?
I have been thinking about your question and have you had any clutch issues? Someone correct me if my thoughts are out of order, but in my thinking of it, if your clutch is not fully disengaging when you make quicker stops, would the quick deceleration not be similar to that of releasing the clutch with no throttle?

I have been thinking about your question and have you had any clutch issues? Someone correct me if my thoughts are out of order, but in my thinking of it, if your clutch is not fully disengaging when you make quicker stops, would the quick deceleration not be similar to that of releasing the clutch with no throttle?
Interesting! I'm not sure if you're correct, @Jackal, but it is good thinking on your part.

Hi, No clutch issues all (thankfully). I'm thinking that I may go out on the bike and try a couple of emergency stops again, just to see if it's a repeatable thing, or it was a couple of 'one-offs'...

Hi, No clutch issues all (thankfully). I'm thinking that I may go out on the bike and try a couple of emergency stops again, just to see if it's a repeatable thing, or it was a couple of 'one-offs'...
Could your idle be set too high/low, if running too rich there is a bogging effect on the engine. Same on the backside of that on the lean side with choking due to to much air. You could also check your airfilter that can cause an effect like that.

Hi Greyfell, did you solve your stalling issue?

I don't have a stalling issue, after realizing the tank was nearly dry, and switching to reserve. :y147:

YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY!!

1F0A634F-BFBE-4A87-A0F9-C2478427B180.png

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom