Squeaky brakes

Shuffle

Local time
Today, 01:26
My Ride
Sprint
Front brakes squeak a lot, though has been getting better. Pads and rotors seem fine on inspection, so how do I fix that? Any tips? Brakes are abs.

Thx!

if your front disc to shiney may need a good clean up at brake shop

I think I am going to take them apart this weekend and clean/lube everything. I have 8000km on the pads - may put new ones on anyways.

I can't tell you how to get rid of the squeek but I can tell you what not to do! Do not, I repeat, Do Not WD40 them! BLUSH

I can't tell you how to get rid of the squeek but I can tell you what not to do! Do not, I repeat, Do Not WD40 them! BLUSH

and don't even ask how she know this :y2:

you can buy anti squeak spray you just spray on and let it dry , then then just have a gentle spin and use the brakes it should get rid of the squeak !
if not white spirrit and a clean rag !

and don't even ask how she know this :y2:

I just HAVE to ask....Gromit, is there something I need to know about WD40?:y34:

I just HAVE to ask....Gromit, is there something I need to know about WD40?:y34:

Well all the oldies know why so I may as well tell. I have a little red scooter too and the front brakes were squeeking. Now my FAVOURITE tools are: Duct tape, Cable Ties and WD 40 because it's just fixes everything. So the brakes were squeeking and since the WD40 sorts out my squeeking doors, I grabbed the bottle and headed off for the garage. Luckily my dear heart, Farside, was there and asked what I was going to do with the WD40 - so I told him. My breaks were squeeing so I was going to sort them out! He almost had a heart attack, grabbed my treasured can of WD40 and has now hidden it away! :y5:

:y24: :y24: I remember that story.

Well all the oldies know why so I may as well tell. I have a little red scooter too and the front brakes were squeeking. Now my FAVOURITE tools are: Duct tape, Cable Ties and WD 40 because it's just fixes everything. So the brakes were squeeking and since the WD40 sorts out my squeeking doors, I grabbed the bottle and headed off for the garage. Luckily my dear heart, Farside, was there and asked what I was going to do with the WD40 - so I told him. My breaks were squeeing so I was going to sort them out! He almost had a heart attack, grabbed my treasured can of WD40 and has now hidden it away! :y5:

this world could be a dangerous place if women where given a can of wd40 from birth !! :y5::Help1:

Wow. Thanks everyone. I think I am going to go for the WD40 - I am really curious how that will interact with the ABS :). I will make sure I ride somewhere safe afterwards, like the freeway. I used to play a game - could I ride to work without putting my feet down (about 20 lights). WD40 would force me to be perfect me thinks. After, I will try the squeak stop.

This is one of those problems it is difficult to diagnose as I am always riding the bike when the noise starts.

Ok took them apart on the weekend, cleaned everything with compressed air, a bit of squeak stop, and it's a cure - mostly. It's 98% gone, and I can live with that.

When I have my pads out I usually give them a slight rub up on a flat concrete surface just to take any glaze off.

Ok took them apart on the weekend, cleaned everything with compressed air, a bit of squeak stop, and it's a cure - mostly. It's 98% gone, and I can live with that.

Very good; glad to hear it. TUP

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom