texbass

Local time
Today, 13:25
First Name
Milton
My Ride
2008 Tiger 1050
Hi everyone,
I bought a '08 tiger with 5000 (!!!) miles on it a few weeks ago. It was starting fine until I started goofing around with a multi tester, checking the battery while the bike was running, and now it won't start. All the fuses are good, and I jumped the solenoid with the ignition on, and it started fine. So before I start taking the fairing off to chase down wiring (starter button and clutch switch), am I missing something obvious? The bike has been stored inside since new, so switch problems seem a little unlikely to me. Is it possible I fried something while messing around with the multi meter? Here's a picture just because...

Attachments

• IMG_7762.JPG
    IMG_7762.JPG
    402.9 KB · Views: 2
Hi everyone,
I bought a '08 tiger with 5000 (!!!) miles on it a few weeks ago. It was starting fine until I started goofing around with a multi tester, checking the battery while the bike was running, and now it won't start. All the fuses are good, and I jumped the solenoid with the ignition on, and it started fine. So before I start taking the fairing off to chase down wiring (starter button and clutch switch), am I missing something obvious? The bike has been stored inside since new, so switch problems seem a little unlikely to me. Is it possible I fried something while messing around with the multi meter? Here's a picture just because...
Update: The bike came with some aftermarket levers, and the clutch switch wasn't engaging in the lower settings. Super easy fix. Got the answer on the Facebook Triumph Tiger 1050 group. Highly recommended.\

Great TUP
Thanks for the update.

I was going to say the kickstand switch but since you found it, I'll say check the clutch switch. WINK

Yeah! It's GOTTA be the clutch switch. That woulda been my guess too, but that Hemi guy beat me to it.BGRIN

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom