Premium Member
Staff
Local time
Today, 00:58
My Ride
2005 Triumph Thruxton 900
Riding Since
2019 licensed about a decade earlier.
I noticed something riding about Houston, the stationary speed radar doesn’t seem to accurately indicate the speed of a motorcycle. I see cars ahead of me going 35mph or higher and when I hit the area where the radar is aimed it always indicates much lower than my speedometer. Has anyone noticed similar? I know I’m keeping up and at times going faster.

Same here cars show 35, bike indicates lower.

I bet you're not getting zapped. It may be a car behind or in front of you due to motorcycles smaller profile. We have one next to our house in Katy & it'll zap me, but just for 1-2 seconds.

Also maybe check your speedo for accuracy using GPS. The speedos on our bikes tend to be a bit conservative. Mine reads slower than actual speedo reading. Guess they're trying to save us from ourselves.

I’m pretty sure it’s close to being right. Certainly not off by almost 15 mph or more. Yes, intend to check it later.

Noticed that BMW heritage bikes (Scrambler etc.) register a couple MPH greater than actual true speed. As seen using Porsche over same route as indicated by blinking speed signs. P-car is exactly the same as blinking speed signs. Chevy truck is always spot on to blinking signs as well. Just my observation.

My Street Twin is very accurate.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom