Bozzo

Riding for 17 Years
Local time
Yesterday, 19:45
First Name
Robert
My Ride
Tiger 900 GT Pro 2022
I just purchased a GT Pro. When driving it, I had a difficult time managing steady speed throttle control. It was either ON and accelerating or OFF and decelerating. I just wanted to hold it steady. I don't know if it is a matter of better throttle control on my part, or set the driving mode to "rain" to achieve. Has anyone else noticed this, and how have you managed steady speed? I was in 4th gear at about 45 mph. Maybe a higher gear would help, or because of driving lower power bikes, I'm bad at throttle control.

Qship

Tiger Rider
Riding for 42 Years
Staff
Local time
Yesterday, 22:45
First Name
Steve
My Ride
'17 Tiger Explorer XRT
Is it broke in yet? The first service been done? May need a tech to look at it. Could be faulty throttle control module as these bikes are all ride by wire throttle control now. All reviews I have read of recent Triumps gets praise for the fuel mapping and control. If it's in Sport mode the throttle will be more aggressive.

Bozzo

Riding for 17 Years
Local time
First Name
Robert
My Ride
Tiger 900 GT Pro 2022
Is it broke in yet? The first service been done? May need a tech to look at it. Could be faulty throttle control module as these bikes are all ride by wire throttle control now. All reviews I have read of recent Triumps gets praise for the fuel mapping and control. If it's in Sport mode the throttle will be more aggressive.
It was 1st major ride other than drive from dealer. It hasn't had service yet. It was set to Road. It will need to be checked. Thanks

Bozzo

Riding for 17 Years
Local time
First Name
Robert
My Ride
Tiger 900 GT Pro 2022
It was 1st major ride other than drive from dealer. It hasn't had service yet. It was set to Road. It will need to be checked. Thanks
Just spoke to the dealer. This is a common problem associated with the manufacturer passing emission controls. It is more prevalent at low speeds. Some riding modes are less prone such as Rain. It is most prevalent in the mode that manufacturer selected to use for the emissions test. It can be resolved by reprogramming the ecu by a 3rd party which would likely void the warrantee. Some bikes are worse than others, but common with current fuel injection systems.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom