Steamer 885 Dual Exhaust Onto My 885i Girly Tiger?

SailorScoutDrew

Riding for 6 Years
Local time
Today, 05:53
First Name
Drew
My Ride
1999 Triumph Tiger 885i
Hey everyone, I figured this might be a shot in the dark but maybe someone has tried it before.
I own a 1999 Tiger 885i and was wondering if anyone has ever tried to swap out the exhaust headers and muffler on a 885i with the 885 carb steamer dual exhaust?
I know some internal parts are interchangeable but not sure if this would be one of them. The main reason I want to try this is that I also own a Trident 900 with dual yoshimura mufflers and absolutely love the sound, thus I would like to get a closely matching sound on my Tiger.
I have seen some carbed 885 headers on ebay and visually it appears to line up with all the 885i components but I am sure there may be some variations in size and mounting locations. I am not afraid of a some modifications to make it work but I also don't want to have any major hassle to make it fit.
I can't be the only one who has had this thought am I? :unsure:

shanered6

Time for adventure
Riding for 44 Years
Staff
Local time
Today, 11:53
First Name
shane llywarch
My Ride
Moto Guzzi Stelvio 1200 ntx
Like anything with effort you can make anything fit some thing else but ! .... the 900i engine is a completely different motor to the 885 and was a brand new engine , im sure you could do it but it would be almost as much work to starting from scratch with new pipe !
but if you do take it on post up some pics would be very interesting to see it done .

shanered6

Time for adventure
Riding for 44 Years
Staff
Local time
Today, 11:53
First Name
shane llywarch
My Ride
Moto Guzzi Stelvio 1200 ntx
Just a thought .... i would keep the original headers and make a 1 into 2 Y peace to fit it .... a lot easer and less work and you could then make any pipes you want fit .

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom