Scramboy

Riding for 48 Years
Local time
Today, 17:23
First Name
Neil
My Ride
Triumph 1200 Scrambler (soon), still owner of T120 WC
Two weeks old and the last time I flipped up the steering lock cap, it refused to stay down after locking the bike.
The tiny hook came away and now I have a cap in the air to allow the rain get into the steering lock!
What's more amusing is that this part is complete with the locking mechanism at £148 plus syncing at Triumph.
Cannot understand the reason this cap should have been sprung down instead of sprung up.
Flipping bike's only 2 weeks old!
While I rant on, why does this bike have keyless ignition?
Honestly do not see any advantage to this, just a gimmick. I feel it spoils a great bike.

unclescratch

Riding for 51 Years
Local time
Today, 09:23
First Name
Dennis
My Ride
2005 Triumph America
Two weeks old and the last time I flipped up the steering lock cap, it refused to stay down after locking the bike.
The tiny hook came away and now I have a cap in the air to allow the rain get into the steering lock!
What's more amusing is that this part is complete with the locking mechanism at £148 plus syncing at Triumph.
Cannot understand the reason this cap should have been sprung down instead of sprung up.
Honestly do not see any advantage to this, just a gimmick. I feel it spoils a great bike.
Your rant about keyless ignition reminds of so many things that I (as a 70+ year old), just don't need and find annoying at my advanced age.

Scramboy

Riding for 48 Years
Local time
Today, 17:23
First Name
Neil
My Ride
Triumph 1200 Scrambler (soon), still owner of T120 WC
You are so right, but changing times is good if its called progress and not to be outsmarting the competition with useless gadgets, why stoop to their level!

RockyDS

Riding for 52 Years
Local time
Today, 10:23
My Ride
dualsport/adventure

I agree. If I could swap it out for a regular ignition I would. It might be technically a keyless ignition but you need a key for the seat lock, fuel cap lock, and steering lock. You also need a back-up key in case the key fob craps out. Technology for the sake of it.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom