Still Forking Around

Local time
Today, 00:20
First Name
Richard
My Ride
1972 Norton 750 Commando, 1973 Triumph T100R and 1979 Triumph T140E
After a hasty but decent cleaning of the forks on my '73 Daytona, tomorrow will begin the real test of what Marvel Mystery oil will do. I am already thinking it can't be worse as it seems the oil may never have been changed !! }3~(

How is it going?

How is it going?
Thanks for asking. I am getting close to a test run. My bud and I got a lot done yesterday just getting down to brass tacks on completing the new shop. I also had to do a good cleaning of the primary case and then discovered the transmission was very low on fluid so worked on that as well as having my wife help with more organizing and cleaning. I also am thinking that there are other reasons for the fork wobble as the tire on it is garbage. Also, as I have lung issues the smoke from the fires is more than I could tolerate to ride anyway, hence the inside stuff. I did manage to mitigate the battery issues as well. Stay tuned as things will progress. Again, thanks for asking.

Sounds good!

Sounds good!
Finally !!! We got rid of the smoke, got more rain than we have seen this year and got everything done to report my findings. After a test ride today following other items necessary to do that it would seem that Mystery oil in front forks works great !! The bike felt 100% better. The only question to answer now will be how it holds up over time. I do plan on a full restoration project this winter on the Daytona and my T140. I was pleased to find out that the Mystery oil performed better than I hoped. I will keep you all informed iof you want as to how it holds up.

there you are.

whatever works, works.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom