Stock exhaust pipes?

Fizzlesticks6

Local time
Today, 00:01
First Name
Ted
My Ride
2013 Triumph Thunderbird Storm ABS
Did a google search for photo's of stock TBird Storm exhausts and not seeing anything like what's on mine. Anyone out there know if these are stock or not? Awfully quiet so I'm thinking they are and the Cat is still there as well. It's a 2013 TBird Storm ABS. Nothing wrong with it, just curious why I'm not seeing any others like it. Also, how on earth do you change the bulbs on the turn signals if they go bad as for the life of me I can't find any screws on the assembly to take them apart. Yes, I'm new to Triumph. :)20190618_113947.jpg20190618_114016.jpg

:y19: I don't think I've ever seen any mufflers like that!!
I've never owned a Bird so can't help you with the signals question.
Maybe somebody here has the answer - but it probably can be found on the 'net.
Great looking bike TUP

I found this right away. Hope it helps.

Thanks anyways Rocky, it's early so I'm sure once folks get home from work I'll get some responses. I'll climb under it and see if there's any identifying marks and get a better picture of the tail end as it's VERY distinctive.

Thanks anyways Rocky, it's early so I'm sure once folks get home from work I'll get some responses. I'll climb under it and see if there's any identifying marks and get a better picture of the tail end as it's VERY distinctive.
Check the link above.

Back end view of the pipes. Looks like a triangle. I did check under/around and no identifying marks anywhere on them. 20190619_103736.jpg

As soon as I saw the side view in the first post I knew they weren't Triumph mufflers.

They look really good!

Lol thanks!! Not going to switch them but certainly thinking about de-catting as it's super quiet.

Sorry, Rocky, those are Triumph Mufflers. They are off a T'bird LT. They are identical to the ones on my old bike.
I never thought they would fit on the other style of T'bird. Apparently someone was successful in changing them, although for the life of me I cannot figure out WHY they would do that.
They were very quiet on my bike so I upgraded to the TORs pipes for my T'bird.
They would actually be restrictive on your Storm.

Oh, and your cat is not in the mufflers. It should be in each downpipe and the only way to decat these 'birds is to remove the downpipes, cut them open and remove precious metals, weld back up and reinstall downpipes.

Thanks for that Q TUP TUP
I learn something new every day BGRIN
The mufflers on my T100 have plenty of factory markings underneath where you can't see them.
When he said there were no markings on his, I jumped to the conclusion that they weren't factory.
But man, do they look odd sticking way out like that!

They didn't stick out past the rear fender on the LT but it had a lot more fender back there than the T'bird Storm.

I did notice that on a LT I saw listed for sale. I've got those leather wrapped Viking Hard bags so not even sure the upswept stock ones would even fit with those. And I do love those bags. Open to suggestions from you guys.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom