hrolivei

Riding for 31 Years
Local time
Today, 17:58
First Name
Heli
My Ride
Street Cup
When I bought my Street twin there was a pretty black and grey Street Cup sitting next to it. I nearly bought it instead for the paint job alone, but I was moving to a more upright riding position coming off a Yamaha MT07 with Woodcraft Clip ons. Figure I would have to change out the handle bars. for a lot less money I got the ST, now looking back I realize it may have been cost effective to get the SC with its twin clocks, and jacked up rear suspension, that will cost me a lot of dinero if I change those things out. Miss a tach.
Playing with wrapping part of my tank, just a test,View attachment 40583View attachment 40584 the pattern is a little too far forward as you can see in the pic.
RHB: I almost did the same for literally 3-day spam, the instrumentation on the Twin was too basic for me (though stylish and functional) and I had no cash for the T120 black which I would otherwise have bought. Whilst I was hesitating and trying to do magic for the cash enough ( even used T120) Triumph launched a sell out of the SC at 28% off the tag in Brazil (2017 model) , making it cheaper than the sell out Twins 2017 by 10% and 10% cheaper than any second hand T120. I turned to it and most pleasantly found out it is possible to change de bars and or the seat for a comfy (even 2up) short touring. In fact the seat is my priority as to take my wife who started joining me more lately. I am not sure about the raisers ( there is a 2mm discussion on it), but the rest is plug and play. So I will swap seats ( never pull the bowl out) to take her (or seat bag) with me. If the position starts to bother, I will have the option to change the bars ( but it is not something like the seat we can swap every other weekend). So I ordered this passed week and can wait for the delivery within 10 days or so. As to your painting, the ton is nice and as it went too much further, and I kindly observe the trace is not to the level of the OEM, maybe you can find some one top skilled and fix it with a different color stripe over and inwards and to redo the "Triumph" moving it forward. Maybe from distance it is alright but honestly from the zoomed angle the edge the side does not look fantastic .Are you going to put the rubber pod ?

hrolivei

Riding for 31 Years
Local time
First Name
Heli
My Ride
Street Cup
army_eod: I will join you soon posting on mine as soon as it is delivered in 2 weeks or so. Have you considered changing the tires ? I am not convinced the front type is the best for the bike even though Triumph argues they tested many combinations, I am afraid they just leveraged in commonality of the family to reduce supply chain costs and work on product profit margin. I am afraid it will not be continued in 2018 in Brazil ( please see my answer to RHB) above, but I do not fucking care. It was such a bargain and a striking bike after test riding that I could not rationalize on resale price. I intend to keep it for a very long time as it will not become too harsh for my age as I turn to 50 in 6 years. Not all accessories are available in my country but enough for me. I am not sure about the pegs too. I believe the dark ones from the Twin will look better and be more functional specially for the pillion, not sure you need sporty pegs for a modestly sport bike. What are your thoughts on this ? I would also have preferred fully black pipes like on the T120 but I suppose they also want you to buy V&H aftermarket ones in that regards, ......cheers !

RHB

Riding for 54 Years
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:58
My Ride
Triumph Street Twin
RHB: I almost did the same for literally 3-day spam, the instrumentation on the Twin was too basic for me (though stylish and functional) and I had no cash for the T120 black which I would otherwise have bought. Whilst I was hesitating and trying to do magic for the cash enough ( even used T120) Triumph launched a sell out of the SC at 28% off the tag in Brazil (2017 model) , making it cheaper than the sell out Twins 2017 by 10% and 10% cheaper than any second hand T120. I turned to it and most pleasantly found out it is possible to change de bars and or the seat for a comfy (even 2up) short touring. In fact the seat is my priority as to take my wife who started joining me more lately. I am not sure about the raisers ( there is a 2mm discussion on it), but the rest is plug and play. So I will swap seats ( never pull the bowl out) to take her (or seat bag) with me. If the position starts to bother, I will have the option to change the bars ( but it is not something like the seat we can swap every other weekend). So I ordered this passed week and can wait for the delivery within 10 days or so. As to your painting, the ton is nice and as it went too much further, and I kindly observe the trace is not to the level of the OEM, maybe you can find some one top skilled and fix it with a different color stripe over and inwards and to redo the "Triumph" moving it forward. Maybe from distance it is alright but honestly from the zoomed angle the edge the side does not look fantastic .Are you going to put the rubber pod ?
It was a rough test only, already removed it, bike looks like this now.

Attachments

shanered6

Time for adventure
Riding for 43 Years
Staff
Local time
Today, 20:58
First Name
shane llywarch
My Ride
Moto Guzzi Stelvio 1200 ntx
It looks sweet ... :cool:

hrolivei

Riding for 31 Years
Local time
First Name
Heli
My Ride
Street Cup
It was a rough test only, already removed it, bike looks like this now.
To me it looks stunning and bad ass all blacked out. Good luck if you do no resist a second trial :)

triumph david

Riding for 60 Years
Staff
Local time
Today, 14:58
First Name
david
My Ride
1976 t140 Triumph, 2006 Road King, 1982 Honda CB 900 C, 1973 Yamaha 360 Enduro, 1972 Corbin
Nice bike, looking forward to riding one!

dazco

Local time
Today, 12:58
I really like these, and theres a dealer selling the yellow one for $6999. So tempting while considering downsizing from my Tbird. Bt alas, i can't stand low bars and it would likely cost a good but to change that with brake line and cluctch cable and bars. Can't afford the bike in any case, but that would just be more $ and a pain. But they are sweet. Not sure why the are so few compared to the street twin. Maybe others don't like low bars too?

shanered6

Time for adventure
Riding for 43 Years
Staff
Local time
First Name
shane llywarch
My Ride
Hi @dazco not seen you about for a while hope all is well ..... you could probably order one with higher bars !

dazco

Local time
Maybe, but like i said, i can't afford it. I'm living like a pauper having lost my job and living off SS and savings that may not last till i croak. So unless my situation improves i have to live lean and a new bike just isn't in the cards for me. But boy, gimmie that cup with the 1200 engine and drag bars and i will stop eating for a year or 2 if need be to get one. :)

shanered6

Time for adventure
Riding for 43 Years
Staff
Local time
First Name
shane llywarch
My Ride
Thats tuff luck bud ... but at least you still have the bike even if you cant afford to go out to often , i hope things improve for you in tme .

dazco

Local time
Yeah, not fun but i've come to terms with it. It's frustrating tho when you want something like a bike and realize unlike before you can't just decide to go for it. But hell, i;d probably pass even if i were still working because i'm have serious concerns as to whether i would be happy with 5 speeds and 900cc. I just hope the rumored 1900 Tbird with a all new engine doesn't materialize. I'd probably have to just find a cardboard box to live in and eat potatoes every day because i don't know that i could pass that up even tho i want to downsize !
In all seriousness, i just wish they would make the 1200 thats missing from the lineup...a more modern 1200 with cast wheels and all. In other words, a street cup or street twin or similar with the 1200. Or a speedmaster like the old one, not that new thing thats nothing more then a bobber with a horrible tractor tire up front and different seat and bars. Everything they have so far in a 1200 has spoked wheels, gaiters, all that excessively vintage stuff i dislike. I like vintage form, but with more modern details like no gaiters, no fender struts, cast wheels, more sleek looking lines and seat and pipes, etc etc. They got that right with the ST and SC but left that style of bike out of the 1200 line. Maybe next year, who knows. Of course by then i MIGHT be living in a box. ROTFL

triumph david

Riding for 60 Years
Staff
Local time
First Name
david
My Ride
1976 t140 Triumph, 2006 Road King, 1982 Honda CB 900 C, 1973 Yamaha 360 Enduro, 1972 Corbin
dazco, i know what you feel like, i am retired but still work, just enough for some 'beer' money, seems like there is always something out there that is stilled desired.

dazco

Local time
I WANT to work, but i just have a hard time considering the kind of jobs available to me at my age. No one wants a retirment age worker except really low level/paying jobs that i'd feel horrible doing.

dazco

Local time
I read somewhere the cup is being discontinued already ! Anyone heard this?

RHB

Riding for 54 Years
Local time
My Ride
Triumph Street Twin
I WANT to work, but i just have a hard time considering the kind of jobs available to me at my age. No one wants a retirment age worker except really low level/paying jobs that i'd feel horrible doing.
Seriously guys consider retiring in Asia, Thailand or the Philippines, I live like a king on ss alone, older workers are respected in the ESL field, I teach English online and make an extra 500 bucks a month which pays for my bike mods on a Street Twin. (about 20 hours a month) There are thousands of Americans like me here, SS checks can be deposited directly into a Philippine bank account. Of course if you have family and roots you can't give up, that is an issue. I'm married here with a second family. America sucks to be retired, no one respects an older person, we are treated like trash, and cast aside.

31131359_220952938659811_6351538821489754112_n.jpgIMG_20180118_112720.jpgIMG_20180730_110035.jpgIMG_20171211_085359.jpgIMG_20170829_092030.jpg

dazco

Local time
Thats great. Not for me, but i can see the attraction, and i know how far your $ goes there from accounts of a friend who's been there. But yes, i DO have family and friends here that are my priority.

RHB

Riding for 54 Years
Local time
My Ride
Triumph Street Twin
Thats great. Not for me, but i can see the attraction, and i know how far your $ goes there from accounts of a friend who's been there. But yes, i DO have family and friends here that are my priority.
That's also great, but then stop complaining, you always have options, and at our age they become less and less frequent.

triumph david

Riding for 60 Years
Staff
Local time
First Name
david
My Ride
Very good points!!!! I have some friends and have met others that have retired other places, a college roommate of mine has moved to Costa Rica, loves it.

D Kirk

Riding for 64 Years
Local time
Today, 15:58
First Name
Dave
My Ride
2018 Triumph Street
I f anyone changes the bar on their Street Cup, please keep us informed. I would like a litter higher bar. Something similar to a street tracker bar.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Top Bottom