Proud Nerd
Riding for 4 Years
Local time
Today, 15:58
First Name
Stephen
My Ride
2008 Triumph Bonneville T100 Ann-Margret
Of course you are opening the Fluid release nut down at the Hub/calipers, so I don't know what could be wrong.

Here's a very good video about changing brake fluid (includes bleeding) that MIGHT provide an answer:

B25bsaboy

Riding for 53 Years
Local time
Today, 16:58
First Name
Richard (Rick)
My Ride
1970 Triumph TR25W, 1972 BMW R75/5, 1995 Triumph Thunderbird 900
Any idea why my front brakes WILL NOT BLEED !! Pumping fluid just won’t move anything!! Spent hours trying. Thanks
Catchalot, Just going through the same problem in that no matter what I tried, nothing but it seems like thin air in bleeding and pulling the brake lever.
I then tried an old trick I used to try back then in pulling the brake lever in half ways and tie it at that point and walk away for a couple of days. When I came back the bubbles or air seems to have risen and there is more back pressure.
I then went to Spirit Manufacturing and ordered a rebuild kit, because the plunger and round slid cup rubbers over time wear out on the leading edges that are supposed to give 360 degrees seal on the inside of the master cylinder piston. Kit arrived in 7 days by air mail and will change out the internals this weekend and I will let the board know the end results.

B25bsaboy

Riding for 53 Years
Local time
First Name
Richard (Rick)
My Ride
Of course you are opening the Fluid release nut down at the Hub/calipers, so I don't know what could be wrong.

Here's a very good video about changing brake fluid (includes bleeding) that MIGHT provide an answer:

Like this guy, as I have atched the rebuild for the Legend. Some excellent ideas and some not such a good idea!

B25bsaboy

Riding for 53 Years
Local time
First Name
Richard (Rick)
My Ride
Any idea why my front brakes WILL NOT BLEED !! Pumping fluid just won’t move anything!! Spent hours trying. Thanks
This photo may help explain some of the issues that you are having. I for one am going through the same issue and I know its frustrating.
If you look at the photo attached the bottom one is what came from the Triumph factory 26 years ago and look closely at the two slid rubbers in comparison to the top one. The bottom ones need to be replaced as the leading edges have worn down.

Attachments

• 226F2D33-31B3-478A-B376-C5F4DEE1B541_1_201_a.jpeg
    226F2D33-31B3-478A-B376-C5F4DEE1B541_1_201_a.jpeg
    314.7 KB · Views: 6

brooke

Riding for 51 Years
Local time
Today, 19:58
First Name
Brooke
My Ride
16 thruxton r. 2011 tiger 800
Wire Wheels makes a good point about the intake "boots" They are old- replace them with the ones with the larger inside diameter
Sprint, etc.
Are you sure wire and coil are good? - prove it.
MMO is magic stuff! ATF works, too. You WILL have seepage past rings into your fresh oil change, so once it starts and runs, and the goo inside gets stirred up, change the oil again.
Carbs that sit for long periods of time get dirt/crud in jets, but what gets plugged from sitting is usually the AIR BLEEDS. As old gas evaporates, gunk builds up in air bleeds. Often overlooked in a "carburectomy"
Check/re-set float height!
40+ years of being a licensed mechanic has taught me=
Owners manual from my 1969 Kawasaki 500 had these words= "Before beginning maintenance on your "dynamic partner" one must first have a peaceful mind"
Good advice! meaning, clear your mind, be open to "see" your problem, re-think about your diagnosis. Your problem is likely small and you have "looked" but not "seen".
Zen proverb- "To "see", one must first learn to "look"
I rode a few Triples but guess I missed one of the best parts . Remember reading an early Honda manual which described the foot pegs as stirrups .
Obviously we were thought of as a bunch of cowboys , not much has changed .

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom