Success with LED's

Skelton Hogs

Riding for 9 Years
Local time
Yesterday, 22:16
My Ride
2013 Rocket Touring
Hi y'all just wanted to update some r3 owners that when switching over to LED brake lamps from OEM, the converter thing that they say is required to trick the ECU that more voltage is there when it's not in order to have it function properly is not actually required. I apologise I don't know the name of the gadget that the LED companies tell you to buy and need to wire in when installing a dual purpose bulb. So I've swapped out the brake bulb, head light bulb and license plate bulb all with a plug and play installation no extra wiring required. Very happy and bright. The license plate is now red which helps the back of the bike look hopefully like I'm always slowing down so people may stay back more often (testing that will report) Brake light can tell the difference although the neighbor seems to think it brighter, the headlight is MUCH brighter and white light. My next trial are the indicators and hear the quick flash will get me, I'll going to test that.

Rocky

Still Rocking
Riding for 27 Years
Administrator
Staff
Local time
Yesterday, 23:16
First Name
Rocky
My Ride
2006 T100 Bonneville
Thanks and good luck TUP

CarlS

Big Kahuna
Riding for 61 Years
Staff
Local time
Yesterday, 22:16
First Name
Carl
My Ride
12 Tiger 800 XC
Please let us know how the LED blinkers work out.

AndyB333

Riding for 40 Years
Local time
Today, 03:16
First Name
Andy
My Ride
Triumph Explorer
Nice to know .. any chance of a link to the head light units , or have you just changed the bulbs?

Top Bottom