Premium Member
Local time
Yesterday, 22:57
First Name
Craig Taylor
My Ride
20218 Triumph Bonneville T100
Riding Since
Can any of you suspension experts out there help me.
1. How does changing the spring rates on the rear change handling? Does it increase grip, like softening springs on one end of a formula car (open-wheel 4-wheeler).
2. Does the increase in sag front and rear while in an aggressive turn keep the bike feel and response the same?
3. When suspension travel is limited by lowering shocks in the back, should rear sag still be about 25% of suspension travel? (I have BikeTec Parts 30 mm Lowering shocks on the rear, with only 60 mm suspension travel - it would be nice to have less sag to gain some suspension travel. I have lowered the front 30mm by moving the struts up in the triple tree.

I am wondering this because our 2018 T100 Bonneville had a very harsh ride with the stock (127 #/in) springs. I dropped the spring rate to 107#/Inch, and the ride was much improved. I have now installed 97#/in springs, and the ride is even better. I am concerned about changing the handling of the bike. I weigh 130# with riding gear, and my wife weighs 110# with riding gear. This means that with both of us on the bike, we are at about 1/2 rated payload. Any help that the TriumphTalk experts can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Craig Taylor

Last edited:
Start with Dave Moss Tuning .

Thanks, Brooke!

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom