ST890

Riding for 38 Years
Local time
Today, 00:02
First Name
Charles
My Ride
2014 Tiger 800xc
I have a 2014 Tiger 800XC and I have been thinking about selling or trading for a newer Explorer 1200. I have no problem with my Tiger except I would appreciate more power especially now that my wife wants to ride with me. And, I like the shaft drive and no chain maintenance. I realize that the weight of the bike will be greater and more top heavy. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

Qship

Riding for 40 Years
Staff
Local time
Today, 01:02
First Name
Steve
My Ride
'17 Tiger Explorer XRT
The extra 400 cc will definitely be welcome when riding two up. I ride with my wife quite a bit on mine and good comfort for us both, especially on our less than stellar back roads.
Lots of complaints about poor heat management on the big Tigers. Not sure what the 800s are like, but you will notice it on the 1200s, especially in the Southern climes. Only a good test ride with you and your wife will tell you if it's right for you.

Enzo7251

Riding for 21 Years
Local time
Today, 00:02
First Name
Anthony
My Ride
2019 triumph 1200 xrt tiger
I have a 2014 Tiger 800XC and I have been thinking about selling or trading for a newer Explorer 1200. I have no problem with my Tiger except I would appreciate more power especially now that my wife wants to ride with me. And, I like the shaft drive and no chain maintenance. I realize that the weight of the bike will be greater and more top heavy. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!
Hi I got a 2019 tiger 1200 xrt for sale I posted it on line lmk if interested I can send more info

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom