t120 seat?

fresh

Local time
Today, 10:15
First Name
rich
My Ride
triumph
hello,happy x mas, has anybody had any experience of fitting new seat and hinges onto a bonneville t 120, 1965 year.should i be bending and mackling to make it fit or should just
fit nice and easy.any help appreciated.

Merry Christmas to you too.
You didn't say what the problem is, but if everything is correct the seat should fall right into place.
If you are fitting an aftermarket seat it could be that the bolt holes aren't perfectly placed and the brackets are not correctly aligned.
Just guessing.

You didn't say what the problem is, but if everything is correct the seat should fall right into place.
If you are fitting an aftermarket seat it could be that the bolt holes aren't perfectly placed and the brackets are not correctly aligned.
Just guessing.
Just guessing.
Just guessing.
Hello Rocky,thanks for that.Yes its aftermarket seat and after market hinges,when i bolted it all up the rear of the seat frame is catching motorbike frame and latch pin doesnt align with catch.looks like im going to have to do some bending and messing around.hope this makes sense.

Yes, it does make sense and I thought that might be the problem.
Sadly, many reproduction parts have this problem and you have to make them fit FACE
Good luck TUP

Your post reminds me of a project i had years ago, i can't remember what exactly what i did i do remember that i had some success putting spacers under the seat , raising it up and spaced out the hinges, i don't think i had to bend anything. I also remember another time i took off the hinges and mounted the seat to the frame tubes below the seat. Good luck let us know how you come out.

Start by loosening all 4 bolts quite a bit, then re-align the seat to the best position, then have an assistant hold it there while you re-tighten the bolts.

Try opening and closing it.

If that doesn't do it, use "persuasion" from THAT point.

Yes, it does make sense and I thought that might be the problem.
Sadly, many reproduction parts have this problem and you have to make them fit FACE
Good luck TUP
Thank you for your reply.it will give me something to do over Christmas.

If you look carefully while tightening the bolts, to see which way the seat is moving, you can assume which direction the bending needs to occur.

Your post reminds me of a project i had years ago, i can't remember what exactly what i did i do remember that i had some success putting spacers under the seat , raising it up and spaced out the hinges, i don't think i had to bend anything. I also remember another time i took off the hinges and mounted the seat to the frame tubes below the seat. Good luck let us know how you come out.
hello,yes i can see i will have to probably have to space hinges with washers and bend hinges a bit,i dont suppose its going to be perfect but i will do my best.
thanks for your advice.

hello ,yes sounds like a good plan,think i will take hinges off now,use latch as fixed point,hold seat in best position and then fit hinges last, twicking seat as needed.i guess this is just how it is with reproduction parts,next time i will try to get original parts clean them up and re paint.
thanks for your help and time.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom