Local time
Today, 20:14
Jul 28, 2008
Milnthorpe
First Name
Steve
My Ride
Triumph Scrambler
My plan was to run my carbs with either bellmouth's or pod filters but with the head being a parallel port there is limited clearance between the frame and the carbs. So I bought a pair of TSS carb rubbers that are angled which just gave enough clearance to fit the bellmouths. I then made up a carb brace to support them from the head steady bracket.

I have been trying to keep everything to a minimum so did not want to run the oil breather pipe from the primary to the back of the bike, so I got my plumbing kit out and made up a spigot out of brass and copper to fit a small breather filter instead.

continued................

gumpt1oo

Scrambler
Riding for 41 Years
Local time
Jul 28, 2008
Milnthorpe
First Name
Steve
My Ride
Triumph Scrambler
After much umming and arring I changed my mind on the head light I had fitted. I decided to go with no light at all!
After discussing it with my MOT man it is possible to have an MOT test for daylight use only here in the UK. So I made up a number board from anodised aluminium, and fitted 2 small LED daytime running lights and kept everything to a minimum.
This meant I could re-design the wiring and use a smaller battery. so I have ended up with a horn, rear light, brake light, and 2 led running lights.
I just have to decide which tank to use now, the USA tank is very rusty inside and will need a complete refurb, but the alloy race tank just needs a polish. What do you guys think?

gumpt1oo

Scrambler
Riding for 41 Years
Local time
Jul 28, 2008
Milnthorpe
First Name
Steve
My Ride
Triumph Scrambler
Nice progress! Hope your Mum is doing better.
Thanks Greyfell, she is doing OK, still doing physio on her shoulder and they have said she may need a rotator cuff operation eventually.
I have everything crossed hoping that she doesn't!

grandpaul

Old Bike Lover
Riding for 49 Years
Staff
Local time
Today, 14:14
Apr 14, 2006
Laredo
My Ride
Legend 900 Triple
Thanx for the updates.

I definitely prefer the US style tank!

What a cracker. Well done.

triumph david

Riding for 59 Years
Staff
Local time
Today, 14:14
Nov 25, 2013
brookhaven
First Name
david
My Ride
1976 t140 Triumph, 2006 Road King, 1982 Honda CB 900 C, 1973 Yamaha 360 Enduro, 1972 Corbin
gumpt, glad you are back, sorry about your father, and i hope that your mom is doing ok, my mother passed away last June at 95 its always hits home when you lose a close family member. Glad to see your engine looking good, a little bit every day and you will be on the road soon.

Reactions: gumpt1oo

Willpower

Riding for 52 Years
Local time
Sep 23, 2018
Fylde Coast
First Name
Mike
My Ride
1966 5TA
Yes red tank. The final build is looking brilliant and you've put quite a bit of thought into how you want it to look. PS Nice breather mod.