T140 Tracker Style Build.

My plan was to run my carbs with either bellmouth's or pod filters but with the head being a parallel port there is limited clearance between the frame and the carbs. So I bought a pair of TSS carb rubbers that are angled which just gave enough clearance to fit the bellmouths. I then made up a carb brace to support them from the head steady bracket.
BQFQYq8.jpg

C3y4JEg.jpg

I have been trying to keep everything to a minimum so did not want to run the oil breather pipe from the primary to the back of the bike, so I got my plumbing kit out and made up a spigot out of brass and copper to fit a small breather filter instead.
HZ1D5tU.jpg

8HuoihB.jpg

continued................

After much umming and arring I changed my mind on the head light I had fitted. I decided to go with no light at all!
After discussing it with my MOT man it is possible to have an MOT test for daylight use only here in the UK. So I made up a number board from anodised aluminium, and fitted 2 small LED daytime running lights and kept everything to a minimum.
This meant I could re-design the wiring and use a smaller battery. so I have ended up with a horn, rear light, brake light, and 2 led running lights.
I just have to decide which tank to use now, the USA tank is very rusty inside and will need a complete refurb, but the alloy race tank just needs a polish. What do you guys think?
lk1IZrr.jpg

ulIGkfL.jpg

WKE2FTV.jpg

CGuscTG.jpg

n4IAdeQ.jpg

Nice progress! Hope your Mum is doing better.
Thanks Greyfell, she is doing OK, still doing physio on her shoulder and they have said she may need a rotator cuff operation eventually.
I have everything crossed hoping that she doesn't!

Thanx for the updates.

I definitely prefer the US style tank!

What a cracker. Well done.

wow thats come on leaps and bounds and looking good TUP

gumpt, glad you are back, sorry about your father, and i hope that your mom is doing ok, my mother passed away last June at 95 its always hits home when you lose a close family member. Glad to see your engine looking good, a little bit every day and you will be on the road soon.

Yes red tank. The final build is looking brilliant and you've put quite a bit of thought into how you want it to look. PS Nice breather mod.

Not been around for a while, life work and other issues get in the way, so I thought I would post some pictures now it is finished.
I ended up buying re-production tank from India as the original had more holes than a tea bag! I had reservations, but when it arrived I was very happy, really nice welds and a decent paint job all for 220 pounds including shipping and import tax!
I decided to run air filters and got some K&N angled filters to clear the frame, and added the Union Jack decals for a bit of bling!
PrOb2gr.jpg

j5VbG30.jpg

oOx0EQN.jpg

PkQO9MN.jpg

Vz6rc5x.jpg

Great looking machine TUP TUP

Steve, that is a great looking bike. You did a spectacular job. You definitely made the right choice for a tank. Thanks for the pics.

Very purposeful! "Daytime use only", eh?

Very purposeful! "Daytime use only", eh?
Yes, I'm scared of the dark!:LOL:
I have got a headlight but I like the look of it without. There are 2 LED daytime running lights on the number board just so people notice me, although they will probably hear me first as the pipes are straight through!

Wow, that turned out great, well done TUP

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom