Administrator
Staff
Local time
Today, 17:43
First Name
Rocky
My Ride
2006 T100 Bonneville
That setup is a lot more complex than I thought.
Good for you Sea Dog for coming through with the great pictures TUP TUP
I'm a great believer in taking lots of pictures and making drawings - before and during. Unless you do this every day you soon forget the order of things.
A picture is worth a thousand words - or in these cases - a poor memory :y2:

otherwise

Local time
, 08:43
My Ride
Triumph
Now that was an expensive motorcycle to go racing on in those days. must have been great fun though.

Getting a bit off topic now ... but it was fun, we was young and the kids hadn't arrived yet.

SCAN0333.jpg

otherwise

Local time
My Ride
Triumph
I'm a great believer in taking lots of pictures and making drawings - before and during. Unless you do this every day you soon forget the order of things.

Not only for motorcycle work, Rocky I have a folder with photos of "Hidden Building Stuff", it's full of photos of pipes in the ground, wiring behind plaster etc. If a problem arises years later I know exactly where to dig that hole!

Rocky

Still Rocking
Riding for 28 Years
Administrator
Staff
Local time
Today, 17:43
First Name
Rocky
My Ride
2006 T100 Bonneville
Not only for motorcycle work, Rocky I have a folder with photos of "Hidden Building Stuff", it's full of photos of pipes in the ground, wiring behind plaster etc. If a problem arises years later I know exactly where to dig that hole!
TUP TUP I agree with that 100%.
I have a filing cabinet with folders filled with all sorts of similar stuff.
My kids laugh at me for all this record keeping, but it's there if and when I need it.

jim1958

Local time
Today, 14:43
First Name
Jim Mckeeman
My Ride
1976 Triumph Bonneville T140V
That setup is a lot more complex than I thought.
Good for you Sea Dog for coming through with the great pictures TUP TUP

I fully agree. P1010076.jpg I did take pictures, and put every assembly in a seperate plastic bag with notes as to what it was, and the orientation. The first time I rebuilt her back in 2003 I had a notebook of drawings, since digital cameras were not as easy then.

DaveM

Rock & Roll
Riding for 46 Years
Administrator
Local time
Today, 23:43
First Name
Dave
My Ride
Speedmaster
Digital cameras sure have made things a load easer for us, even doing drawing could present a challenge after a bit of time has past especially if your artistic level is that of what I have. It was great seeing the photos that SD posted on this as I had no idea that it was as complex as what it was until actually seeing the photos

CarlS

Charter Member #3
Riding for 62 Years
Staff
Local time
Today, 16:43
First Name
Carl
My Ride
12 Tiger 800 XC
Bryce, that is an excellent post. The photos are invaluable. Thanks for the help to Jim.

grandpaul

Old Bike Lover
Riding for 51 Years
Staff
Local time
Today, 15:43
My Ride
2000 Legend 900 Triple, 2002 Bonneville
Post-75 Triumphs were built starting from the rear brake lever and working outward.

Norton Commandos were built starting by attaching the horn to the innermost crevice in the chassis, then covering it up with all the other parts. The Mark IIIs got the big plastic airbox installed immediately after the horn!

Roscoe1st

Riding for 50 Years
Local time
First Name
Anthony
My Ride
BMW, BSA, Norton's , 1976 T140V 750 Bonneville
Many thanks for this, I will have another crack, just put a brand new complete gearbox, bearings and sprocket in and this is what I got stuck on. Great photos to see whats what!

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom