Taking The Plunge Into Mods!

I think the problem is too many of these online vendor's only focus is getting the orders. They do not realize that if you are slow filling orders (especially for repair or fabrication pieces) they hold up work. If they do that very many times the customer will not order from them again. ...J.D.

I think the problem is too many of these online vendor's only focus is getting the orders. They do not realize that if you are slow filling orders (especially for repair or fabrication pieces) they hold up work. If they do that very many times the customer will not order from them again. ...J.D.
Many instances true. Also first time customers do not know how the company operates and first impressions are important. This is a custom build shop that also sells parts. His main interest is builds, I suspect.

That all said I’ll be happy when it’s all delivered. I’ll have some cutting work and might need some electrical connections and so on.

Some vendors, and oddly enough some areas of the country seem to be in a time warp. There is a vendor in Texas I completely quit doing business with. I like their stuff, but they are SO SLOW ! I also have trouble getting electronic parts in general. With no good source locally, I try to buy stuff like relays, switches, electrical plugs, etc. I find a lot of the vendors from out of the country do not know the basic specifications. Such thing as sending me A.C. relays when I ordered D.C. for example. But I once waited 9DAYS to get 2 D.C. relays from right here in California. 80 miles away ! Vendor was angry at me for giving them a poor review on EBay. ...J.D.
I have order electrical/electronic parts from several places, none of whom (so far) have been unresponsive or slow on my orders. My list has been Digi-key, Mouser Electric, Allied Electric and one more that slips my mind. I will admit most of my orders were pre-lockdown. I did order capacitors from Allied, at the beginning of the lockdown, to replace all of the electrolytic caps in my pre-amp.

I have order electrical/electronic parts from several places, none of whom (so far) have been unresponsive or slow on my orders. My list has been Digi-key, Mouser Electric, Allied Electric and one more that slips my mind. I will admit most of my orders were pre-lockdown. I did order capacitors from Allied, at the beginning of the lockdown, to replace all of the electrolytic caps in my pre-amp.
I may need connectors. There was a thread here recently, I’ll check those and if I need other stuff I’ll check out your list.

Well the last of my mod orders came. It appears the vendor from California who indicated it had a polished front fender didn’t. The reason I ordered from him instead of Motone in Texas was that Motone site did not have the polished listed. It also turns out the vendor from California made an order straight from the Texas company and they filled the order with what they had. So I got all my order, but the front fender is brushed and not polished. I guess I’ll be polishing it until it shines. I should probably mention this to the vendor. Not unhappy just slightly disappointed. I suspected the hold up was that he didn’t have the product. Turns out he didn’t have any of the product. LoL.
6D647BAA-8FC0-456B-82A4-B50B48D322A2.jpeg021B79A6-251C-4D07-A1F1-973C98DC9B88.jpegAll tips on polishing appreciated! LoL.

As is, I don't think you will be able to polish it to the same level as the other fender. On the other hand, chrome paint from Rust-o-leum could be polished to almost the same level, I think.

I won’t paint it. I’ll polish it for what it’s worth. The signals are nicer then the plastic originals.
2BCA65A9-2AFD-4183-83B3-EC5AAE091AB9.jpeg
If I fail to polish it well enough, I’ll bring it to a shop that can.

I'm looking forward to seeing the bike completed.

I'm looking forward to seeing the bike completed.
This is my first step. I have future plans that will change it a bit more, but this is the direction. I will definitely post progress pics and document the before and after.

Yes...I need to work on my contact list for electrical components...J.D.

First polishing pass. Needs a bit more work, but it’s getting there.

AA30A075-E58C-411D-8DF5-240158E990F0.jpeg

87AB4893-23C5-4656-AB2C-21FA200C5206.jpeg

Color me impressed!

Excuse me if that old colloquialism is unfamiliar.

Color me impressed!

Excuse me if that old colloquialism is unfamiliar.
Still have a bit more to go. I should be able to get close to the rear fender polish. It’s all hand polished, no machine. At this stage, I’ve used 1500 grit. Tomorrow finer.

Last edited:
Today I polished with 2000 and 2500 then some mother’s. For now, I’m leaving it alone as close enough.
8A0F5EF6-C73E-4D01-A943-23E73EE52545.jpeg

Beautiful work.

Teasers, I’ll make a new thread when I’m finished. I’m working on modifying the license plate bracket. I deleted it off the brake light fender delete kit and will attach a separate one under the brake light. I’ve combined a British Customs fender delete kit with a Motone rear fender.8E4ACF2C-6846-4C60-AF97-4D1653F2C925.jpeg14A734BB-23A1-46D1-8F54-5C45FA6EC164.jpeg4692E8AA-5198-4914-ACB1-ABA3351025CB.jpeg

Looking great so far. Yes, they are teasers. Be nice to see the WHOLE bike with all the goodies installed.

Looking great so far. Yes, they are teasers. Be nice to see the WHOLE bike with all the goodies installed.
I plan on working on the license plate bracket today. After it’s done I’ll be finished with the visual mods. What remains is the adjustment and installing of the jets, I need to see if I can find out what the recommendations are for my setup.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom