Allen B.

Riding for 44 Years
Local time
Today, 15:10
First Name
Allen
My Ride
2011 Bonneville T100 Forest Green/ New England White
TEC center stand arrived yesterday, so last night I spent some time rolling around under my 2011 T100.

After mulling over the directions a bit, I started with their 1st step and installed the spring to the frame, after that I went after it like I had with a few of my other bikes and bolted up the left side loosely with the spring connected to the stand and pulled the right side into alignment and bolted it up. It was surprisingly easy, which makes wonder if the spring was too light., (I have a stinking suspicion that I'll be replacing it with a stronger spring. )
After popping in the rubber stopper an adjustable stop bolt, I gave it a go and it pulled up on the center stand just like it was supposed to, except the bike was obviously leaning to the right. After putting a level on the garage floor and finding it level, I slipped a spanner under the right leg and the bike looked perfectly level.
Otherwise it looks good and works fine and I can simply tack weld a piece of scrap metal to the bottom of the short leg and it will be fine. You get what you pay for, but I'm happy to have a center stand and a small tack weld and a stronger spring I can deal with. IMG_20200916_194923~2.jpg

Rocky

Still Rocking
Riding for 28 Years
Administrator
Staff
Local time
Today, 16:10
First Name
Rocky
My Ride
2006 T100 Bonneville
It's a shame that the stand wasn't made to correct specs, but as you said, you can deal with that as needed.
Otherwise, very good TUP

Gear1

Riding for 1 Year
Local time
Today, 13:10
First Name
Craig Taylor
My Ride
20218 Triumph Bonneville T100
I purchased the BikeTec Parts center stand from biketecpartsusa.com, but it had removable feet and spacers to adjust the center stand height. Very handy since I had to lower the 2018 T100 30mm so I could reach the ground. Very pleased with the stand, but it appears to Allen’s stand is a different design?
Craig Taylor

Allen B.

Riding for 44 Years
Local time
Today, 15:10
First Name
Allen
My Ride
2011 Bonneville T100 Forest Green/ New England White
I bought mine directly from tecbikepartsusa.com, it's for an air cooled Triumph, the stands for water cooled models appear to have adjustable feet.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom