TEC Dueller 2-2 Exhaust

Collinst15

Local time
Today, 07:02
My Ride
2017 Triumph Street Twin
Hello everyone,

Has anyone fitted the TEC dueller exhaust to their bike? If so, how do you like it, have you noticed any pros/cons? I am thinking about installing a TEC cam along with the dueller system in the future on my ST.

Tim

Hello everyone,

Has anyone fitted the TEC dueller exhaust to their bike? If so, how do you like it, have you noticed any pros/cons? I am thinking about installing a TEC cam along with the dueller system in the future on my ST.

Tim
Tec is tatty stuff don’t do it

Rolandrat,

Please give some examples. It is really unfair to our suppliers to make unsubstantiated opinion-only based comments, with nothing to back it up. I have not been riding for as many years as you have been, but I am a mechanical engineer, and can reasonably state that everything that I have bought from TecBikeParts has been well designed and a fair value. This includes progressive fork springs, inexpensive rear dampers (I bought these because I was trying to learn about motorcycle dampers as my background is 4-wheel formula cars, and found the dampers to be quite nice for the price), the Derestrict camshaft (a finely machined piece, and very effective), CNC clutch and brake levers (again a very good value, and surprisingly good quality), the TEC Decat X-Pipe, and their adjustable center stand. I have also found George Milburn to be very responsive and supportive when I had questions.

So please back up your negative statements or keep them to yourself, Rolandrat.

Craig Taylor
2018 Bonneville

Rolandrat,

Please give some examples. It is really unfair to our suppliers to make unsubstantiated opinion-only based comments, with nothing to back it up. I have not been riding for as many years as you have been, but I am a mechanical engineer, and can reasonably state that everything that I have bought from TecBikeParts has been well designed and a fair value. This includes progressive fork springs, inexpensive rear dampers (I bought these because I was trying to learn about motorcycle dampers as my background is 4-wheel formula cars, and found the dampers to be quite nice for the price), the Derestrict camshaft (a finely machined piece, and very effective), CNC clutch and brake levers (again a very good value, and surprisingly good quality), the TEC Decat X-Pipe, and their adjustable center stand. I have also found George Milburn to be very responsive and supportive when I had questions.

Craig Taylor
2018 Bonneville
Craig,

Thanks for the input. I have ordered a TEC touring rack and fitment is great! I am pretty sure my bike has a TEC center stand as it has the round feet on it like I've seen on TECs website. The stand was on the bike when I purchased it from a dealer, but the dealer had zero information on it as they took it in on trade. It seems to be good quality. Just looking for some insight on their exhaust as it is very well priced as well.

Thank you again!

Tim

Sorry if Iv upset anyone, my experience with their piggyback shock absorbers was pretty grim. The springs were next to useless I could compress one of them with my hands, not all the way granted.has anyone with these ever tried to apply any preload I haven’t seen any photos with preload added.DONT because the threads shred off like they are made of paper. I removed them and threw them away. Before I did, I opened the gas canisters, nothing in them no pressure at all. The exhaust is very poor quality, welding is poor and doesn’t fit correctly.My experience my opinion there are other posts on different sites with similar examples specially shocks falling apart.

tec stuff is decent for the money + costing a third of comparable parts dont expect perfection! had their 2-1 on my traded 2012 mag wheeler + would buy again

Rolandrat,

Craig Taylor
2018 Bonneville
Backed up, buy cheap buy twice.i now have Hagon

Rolandrat,

I have also found that the threads on the TEC dampers tend to gall and require attention. I have also found that if I take the springs off and clean the threads and grease them once or twice a riding season that the threads are surviving (three seasons so far). I do change the preload frequently, as I ride both solo and with my wife. Because we are both small, I found that the stock springs were much too harsh, and dropped the spring rate from 125#/Inch (stock) to 97 #/Inch resulting in a much better ride for us. I increase the preload by 15mm when my wife rides with me.

I'm still trying to learn what the advantages of better shocks are. The Halgon is one I am considering. I'm open to and request suggestions from anyone who has experience and can document an improvement with higher quality shocks. Meanwhile I'm still working with the TEC shocks and find them acceptable for now.

Thanks, Rolandrat, for providing some detail!

Craig

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom