My Ride
Triumph America and Ducati MTS
Let's see who else has a Cup

Me

Attachments

• 20170812_121948_HDR.jpg
    20170812_121948_HDR.jpg
    566.2 KB · Views: 13
This is exactly what i was hoping to see, someone who put higher bars on a cup so that i could ask....how much further up can you go over stock without changing the clutch cable and brake line for longer ones? I'm starting to think more and more about getting a SC and thats the main thing that bothers me...i hate the bars. I' probably be ok with those, tho i would prefer a inch more of not a couple more even. I don't suppose i could go higher than what you did tho eh?

This is exactly what i was hoping to see, someone who put higher bars on a cup so that i could ask....how much further up can you go over stock without changing the clutch cable and brake line for longer ones? I'm starting to think more and more about getting a SC and thats the main thing that bothers me...i hate the bars. I' probably be ok with those, tho i would prefer a inch more of not a couple more even. I don't suppose i could go higher than what you did tho eh?

Hi Dazco,

I can’t really advise as the dealer changed the bars for me as part of the purchase deal. I was told that all was stock but if you check out my other thread there was a problem with the clutch cable.

Having said that because the bars were changed by the dealer they sorted under warranty very quickly and used a longer cable.

Why not ask your dealer if the scrambler bars could be fitted as part of a purchase deal?

I’m with you on the bars, many years of riding Harley’s I didn’t think my back would cope with ace bars. People ask why I didn’t just buy a street but I just loved the paint job and the twin clocks too much.

Thanks. Yeah, same here....gotta have those twin clocks. That single one on the ST bothered me, lus the overall look of the cup is just so amazing. Of all the bikes the bloor resurrected triumph co has built, i owned the 2 i feel are the best looking, a Tbird and a speedmaster. But when this mcame out i put it right up there with those as best looking of the bloor triumphs. Just like my Tbird, i can't stop looking at it ! My ideal would be the cup with a set of drag bars about 6-8" higher than stock. Such an attractive bike ! I'm not in a good position to buy a new bike but theres a dealer that has a unbelievable limited time deal on the SC at $6999, cheaper than i see them used. If i pass this up chance are i will never get one. But my Tbird has 65,000 miles and i think if the take it on trade they will give me next to nothing for it. But i don't want to sell it myself for several reasons. So i'll just have to take a ride down there soon and see what they would do and maybe take a test ride.

Thanks. Yeah, same here....gotta have those twin clocks. That single one on the ST bothered me, lus the overall look of the cup is just so amazing. Of all the bikes the bloor resurrected triumph co has built, i owned the 2 i feel are the best looking, a Tbird and a speedmaster. But when this mcame out i put it right up there with those as best looking of the bloor triumphs. Just like my Tbird, i can't stop looking at it ! My ideal would be the cup with a set of drag bars about 6-8" higher than stock. Such an attractive bike ! I'm not in a good position to buy a new bike but theres a dealer that has a unbelievable limited time deal on the SC at $6999, cheaper than i see them used. If i pass this up chance are i will never get one. But my Tbird has 65,000 miles and i think if the take it on trade they will give me next to nothing for it. But i don't want to sell it myself for several reasons. So i'll just have to take a ride down there soon and see what they would do and maybe take a test ride.

Let me know what you think of the cup if you take one out. It will feel a lot different to the tbird.

I doubt i will. I debated it in my mind all weekend and finally just gave in realizing i'm just not in a position to do this. Maybe one day when here are used SC's around for cheap but not today.

Street Cup just arrived minutes ago. My first Triumph and first "electronic" bike. Started it up and engine immediately raced like the throttle was stuck completely open. Shut it off, and tried it a couple more times, and same thing. Were there a throttle/choke cable I'd have some idea what to do. But, I'm stumped and since it's Sunday, the dealer I bought it from is closed, as is the local dealer. Any ideas? Would like to ride it today instead of waiting another day or two...

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom