grandpaul

Old Bike Lover
Staff
Local time
Today, 14:41
My Ride
2000 Legend 900 Triple, 1969 Bonneville vintage roadracer, 1966 Triton
Riding Since
Just got an e-mail notifying me that my photo hosting site, PictureTrail, is shutting down it's servers in less than 2 weeks.

I really like the site, it's easy to use, relatively cheap, and ANYONE can go directly from one of my photos wherever I post it, and view the rest of that album, or my entire public collection.

So, all the photos that I posted on this site (not using this site's upload/attach features) will soon simply display "Link Not Found" or "too bad, sucker, photo is gone".

I'm not about to go back to a dozen forums and re-load THOUSANDS of photos.

Sorry.

GPZ

I received that message too.
I have never used that site, but somewhere in the past I must have registered on it.

@grandpaul With a bit of luck your photos posted here should still be ok as this software is setup that it also makes a copy on our server as well. We set the forum up this wsy because of this type of situation.

@grandpaul With a bit of luck your photos posted here should still be ok as this software is setup that it also makes a copy on our server as well. We set the forum up this wsy because of this type of situation.
That's excellent. Many of the threads I posted wen I first came aboard are linked to PictureTrail.

I'm sure you've done a lot more homework on photo hosting sites than I have. Can I ask what service you might be using now that Picture Trail is gone?

I'm sure you've done a lot more homework on photo hosting sites than I have. Can I ask what service you might be using now that Picture Trail is gone?
NONE.

Most sites now have photo attach features.

Many on the britbike sites are using imagur

We have the photo album feature here as well and you able to link any images here by the options available in your photo album.

I should have known this forum would have been on top of things. Thanks!

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom