The New TEC Cam

I agree you need to let the warranty run without doing anything like this right now. It will also be something to look forward to doing later on and will give you a new feel to get all excited over. I really like this Bobber but for me it is not practical as I always ride two up so that is the major show stopper here.

The before run is after a decat. The after is post TEC cam and Vance and Hines exhaust. I also had a Power commander fitted but that affected the bottom fueling mix but did not have much affect on power. The extra power is great. The extra torque is transformational

After riding my bike for a little while now. I've decided to leave everything stock. I remember when I made my 1994 Trans-Am, that I used to own. From a 270 horsepower engine, to a 400 horsepower engine with about ten thousand bucks in parts and had the engine rebuilt, because it was an LT1 motor. I had it balanced, blue-printed, then I had the crank changed, to one with just a slight more lift to it. replaced the pistons with forged pistons and rods. Then I replace the camshaft, along with replacing my pushrods with titanium pushrods, along with gold roller rockers, new bigger intake and exhaust values, then a set of Eddlebrock smogged headers, two big highflow cats, along with the mufflers. Then I redid all the suspension and got rid of all of my rubber bushings and I replaced them with polyurethane bushings, I also put in front and rear tower braces in it, then I put in bigger front and rear sway bars and then found out, that I could run 1995 corvette rims with 255/50/16s instead of the stock rims which i could only run 245/60/16s. The car was very fast too, but it got to the point to where I could only run half 91 octane and the other half, was 100 unleaded octane racing fuel. Which got really expensive and I lost all of my reliability too. That car was in the shop more times, than it was on the road. I swore after that I would never do that again with anything that I owned. So after thinking it over real well. I've decided to leave my Bobber stock. It has enough power for me. I'm not a young kid anymore and I have nothing to prove. Plus I'm very happy with my bike like it is. So the only thing that I'm going to do? Is to get me some highway pegs, crash bars, saddle bag bars, and some saddle bags. to carry my gear in, when I go camping. Along with a tool kit bag. That's all I'm doing to my bike. I want to keep my reliability and just enjoy the bike like it is.

You're making a very smart decision. Leave it alone for what you want from it.
In factory form that baby will run and run and run.
With the mods you have in mind I see miles of smiles ahead TUP TUP

After riding my bike for a little while now. I've decided to leave everything stock. I remember when I made my 1994 Trans-Am, that I used to own. From a 270 horsepower engine, to a 400 horsepower engine with about ten thousand bucks in parts and had the engine rebuilt, because it was an LT1 motor. I had it balanced, blue-printed, then I had the crank changed, to one with just a slight more lift to it. replaced the pistons with forged pistons and rods. Then I replace the camshaft, along with replacing my pushrods with titanium pushrods, along with gold roller rockers, new bigger intake and exhaust values, then a set of Eddlebrock smogged headers, two big highflow cats, along with the mufflers. Then I redid all the suspension and got rid of all of my rubber bushings and I replaced them with polyurethane bushings, I also put in front and rear tower braces in it, then I put in bigger front and rear sway bars and then found out, that I could run 1995 corvette rims with 255/50/16s instead of the stock rims which i could only run 245/60/16s. The car was very fast too, but it got to the point to where I could only run half 91 octane and the other half, was 100 unleaded octane racing fuel. Which got really expensive and I lost all of my reliability too. That car was in the shop more times, than it was on the road. I swore after that I would never do that again with anything that I owned. So after thinking it over real well. I've decided to leave my Bobber stock. It has enough power for me. I'm not a young kid anymore and I have nothing to prove. Plus I'm very happy with my bike like it is. So the only thing that I'm going to do? Is to get me some highway pegs, crash bars, saddle bag bars, and some saddle bags. to carry my gear in, when I go camping. Along with a tool kit bag. That's all I'm doing to my bike. I want to keep my reliability and just enjoy the bike like it is.
Besides Rev Heads wanting more Power. Power Commanders are only necessary , when the Silencer / muffler Rusts out and needs replacing , and after market Cans , are never silencer enough and general straight through . Then a Power Commander has been necessary to get the Fuel Injection mixture correct. But F.I. improves all the time, so new bikes can sometimes cope , with Muffler changes.

I think you made the right decision. It will certainly save some money and the Bobber is a fine bike in stock form.

I think you made the right decision too, better to ride than to work on them!

We buy our milk from this local dary. I usually drive down to this dary about thirty miles out of town to buy our bottled milk. I really like my milk in bottles and also my my half and half in bottles too.To me, It kind of makes the coffee taste even better, IMO. So I make this drive about thirty minutes one way to get the milk, then another thirty minutes back home. So, I realized that I have this small back-pack carer, for hauling small thing around, like small amounts of groceries and things like that, that rides around the waist and it's perfect for hauling small things, like that around like that. So I thought about it for a second or two, plus the weather was so nice and in the high 70s too. Needless to say, I decided that I should go pick up some milk at our local dary. I pulled my Bobber out of the garage and went for some milk. Instead of an hour. round trip. I made it take an hour and an hour and a half an hour to get to the dary. Then about thirty minutes to get back home. Best part of the day too.

We buy our milk from this local dary. I usually drive down to this dary about thirty miles out of town to buy our bottled milk. I really like my milk in bottles and also my my half and half in bottles too.To me, It kind of makes the coffee taste even better, IMO. So I make this drive about thirty minutes one way to get the milk, then another thirty minutes back home. So, I realized that I have this small back-pack carer, for hauling small thing around, like small amounts of groceries and things like that, that rides around the waist and it's perfect for hauling small things, like that around like that. So I thought about it for a second or two, plus the weather was so nice and in the high 70s too. Needless to say, I decided that I should go pick up some milk at our local dary. I pulled my Bobber out of the garage and went for some milk. Instead of an hour. round trip. I made it take an hour and an hour and a half an hour to get to the dary. Then about thirty minutes to get back home. Best part of the day too.
Sounds a good excuse for a Ride.
And if do every spill the Milk if you drop the bike, at least the Milk will keep the Wound Clean !
I Joke a lot !!
Chris

You, sir, are a true motorcycle enthusiast! TUP

Thank you. I've got to post some pictures of my bike. It's kind of on the dirty side right now. But that's no excuse either. I don't have a smartphone, I just have a dumb phone. But that's still no excuse either. I have a nice Cannon digital camera, that I need to pick up a cable for, to run it into my Mac. So that I can download some pictures that I've taken on my rides. The ones of Yosemite last year were kind of sad, because of what those pine beatles did to the pine trees in the park and the waterfall was not running last year either. Which kind of made it dismale looking. I'm going up there pretty soon though, before I have to get a new card and check it out real good. I need to take some new pictures and hopefully with all the rain we got this winter. It should be in much better shape. but we'll see?

With 150% snowfall in the Sierra Mountains, the waterfalls in Yosemite should be running well into June.

Rick, I am looking forward to those pics!

I've just got to get that cable, for my Canon camera. Wait a minute, that sounds like a good excuse to go for a ride to get one. Think I'll go do that and get some gas on the way home. I'll chat, with you gentlemen later. I'm off to go get a cable of my camera, so that I can download some picture of my bike and how dirty she is right now along with my Yosemite trip and those pictures of the park a kind of a bummer. But I'll go again before school starts and I'll take some more pictures. I'm taking off to find a cable.

Looking forward to the pictures.

I just posted a few.

And I bought that cable I needed, also.

Very good. I will check out the pics.

Got a TEC cam and fitted it to my Thruxton, it gives you more top end wallop without really sacrificing the low down punch. I am very happy with it, with a good pipe, filter and removal of snorkel you are good for just over 100 rwhp, remember standard Thruxton makes about 85 at the rear wheel. Intially I found my Thruxton 1200r a bit flat in terms of power, cam and other mods sorts this. I also have a PCv fitted so will re-map and post results. It was a bit of a bastard to fit though.

Wow, That sounds really good. How much did they charge you, to do the work?

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom