the new tires are here the new tires are here!!!!!!!!!!!

CarlS

Charter Member #3
Riding for 63 Years
Staff
Local time
Yesterday, 20:09
First Name
Carl
My Ride
12 Tiger 800 XC
I realized when I was having my bike worked on that Al is a Shinko dealer. He has four Triumphs - two Sprints, a Speedmaster and an America. He runs Shinkos on all four of them. I will try a Shinko next on Mae Lyne's bike.

keystiger

The Joker
Riding for 42 Years
Local time
Yesterday, 19:09
First Name
Adrian
My Ride
2005 Triumph Tiger, British Racing Green--the fastest color
Well, I have been riding 4-6 days a week, 36 mile a day round trip, every week since I got mine. And I am still THRILLED with these tires. wear is good (so far can't really see any) and the ride and handling is very good compared to the much more expensive Anakees I have run since purchasing the bike.

DaveM

Rock & Roll
Riding for 47 Years
Administrator
Local time
Today, 02:09
First Name
Dave
My Ride
Speedmaster
This is good to hear thanks for the feedback

avion

Android Guru
Local time
Today, 03:09
First Name
Gareth / G
My Ride
Tiger 800 2011
How are they coping with the wet grip now they're run in?

CarlS

Charter Member #3
Riding for 63 Years
Staff
Local time
First Name
Carl
My Ride
12 Tiger 800 XC
Well, I have been riding 4-6 days a week, 36 mile a day round trip, every week since I got mine. And I am still THRILLED with these tires. wear is good (so far can't really see any) and the ride and handling is very good compared to the much more expensive Anakees I have run since purchasing the bike.

I am glad to hear this. Thanks. I am going to try a set next on our Bonnies. The shop that does my work carries them. The shop owner has three Triumphs and runs them on all three of his.

Rocky

Still Rocking
Riding for 29 Years
Administrator
Staff
Local time
Yesterday, 21:09
First Name
Rocky
My Ride
2006 T100 Bonneville
It's always nice when a product new to you turns out well and you're happy with it.
I don't think I ever heard of this brand of tire until it was mentioned here.
Around here we have mainly the popular name brands.

CarlS

Charter Member #3
Riding for 63 Years
Staff
Local time
First Name
Carl
My Ride
12 Tiger 800 XC
Rocky, these are fairly new to the North American market - at least new in the sense of becoming widespread. They have been on the west coast for several years. So far, I have not heard any complaints about them. Some folks are reluctant to try them because of of the lower prices. They feel that low price = low quality. I know they work well here. I have no idea how they grip in the twisties - but I am going to find out. :y2:

Rocky

Still Rocking
Riding for 29 Years
Administrator
Staff
Local time
Yesterday, 21:09
First Name
Rocky
My Ride
2006 T100 Bonneville
Rocky, these are fairly new to the North American market - at least new in the sense of becoming widespread. They have been on the west coast for several years. So far, I have not heard any complaints about them. Some folks are reluctant to try them because of of the lower prices. They feel that low price = low quality. I know they work well here. I have no idea how they grip in the twisties - but I am going to find out. :y2:

The US often gets products that we don't because it's such a huge market and are bound to do well if the product is reasonably good.
I don't know if they're available up here or not - but then I haven't done any research.

keystiger

The Joker
Riding for 42 Years
Local time
First Name
Adrian
My Ride
Avion as far as wet grip I can't seem to tell a difference from the Anakees on the Tiger, I don't know if its just mental on my part I haven't really "pushed" the envelope on the wet as I would with a Michellin or other "name brand" tire. Guess as much as I like the tires my confidence level isn't quite there yet. BUt I can say under normal riding conditions wet they do grip just fine. And my neighborhood is having a drain system installed along the road side, lots of gravel and sand etc. on the 1 lane twisty roads, they have to date handled that little obstacle very well.
:y2:

keystiger

The Joker
Riding for 42 Years
Local time
First Name
Adrian
My Ride
Well, Its been almost a YEAR!!!!!! Damn time flies! I am still LOVING the Shinko tires, I have yet to wear them out (lots o tread left) they are still a little "choppy" at low speed, but for the $ are wearing and riding wonderfully.

Just thought I would BUMP an update :y2:

CarlS

Charter Member #3
Riding for 63 Years
Staff
Local time
First Name
Carl
My Ride
12 Tiger 800 XC
How many miles do you have on them, Adrian? I think I am going to try the Heidnau Scouts on my XC.

Mae4a.jpg

hemibee

Texas Tiger
Riding for 52 Years
Local time
First Name
Tony
My Ride
2013 Tiger 800XC
My rear now has about 4000 on it and it still looks good, can't tell there has been very much wear on it. Still have the front Shinko I need to mount.

Posting with Tapatalk for iPhone.

DaveM

Rock & Roll
Riding for 47 Years
Administrator
Local time
First Name
Dave
My Ride
Speedmaster
Thanks nice to know that they are ok TUP

CarlS

Charter Member #3
Riding for 63 Years
Staff
Local time
First Name
Carl
My Ride
12 Tiger 800 XC
Thanks, Tony. I have 6000 on the stock XC tires with very little wear. I am noticing and other dual sport rider verify this, that on DS bikes the front tire wears at the same rate or even faster than the rear - just the opposite from road bikes.

Mae4a.jpg

DaveM

Rock & Roll
Riding for 47 Years
Administrator
Local time
First Name
Dave
My Ride
Speedmaster
The big thing with bike tyres (tires) they are just so expensive to try out a new make only to find they suck, so I always go on first hand info from other riders when changing makes

hemibee

Texas Tiger
Riding for 52 Years
Local time
First Name
Tony
My Ride
2013 Tiger 800XC
I know that I really like the Shinko. I wondered if it would be any good but a rider up the road swore by them so I figured if he liked them on his v-strom and we ride the same areas they just might work for me. Plus they were half of what the local shops were charging for the "named" brand tires. I will go with them next time if they keep performing like they do now.

YMMV

Posting with Tapatalk for iPhone.

keystiger

The Joker
Riding for 42 Years
Local time
First Name
Adrian
My Ride
Yes I have about 3,000 on mine and no noticeable wear really, look like new. I have had the same experience B.C. be it dual sport or crotch rocket....or cruiser. But I also tend to have a heavy right hand, and especially like grabbing a fist full of throttle leaned over exiting corners, this tends to wear the back out at least 2 to one over the front.

Agreed with Hemi. For the $ these tires are proving to every bit as good as tires costing 2 to 3 times as much. And as I install my own, a new set can be had very affordably over "name brand".

keystiger

The Joker
Riding for 42 Years
Local time
First Name
Adrian
My Ride
YO....B.C. git yer lazy butt outta that chair. :y2:

Heres a linky thingy.
http://www.shinkotireusa.com/

They offer a WIDE range of tires for bikes, slicks track street total off road and dual sport. I am running the 705's on the Tiger. Very Happy. Price is very very good and the tires are holding up very well. I have not tried the street tires, but if when I get a need for street bike tires......will head to Shinko. THey offer full on dirt tires to for your other toys. price points very low. So you can go ROOSTING with no worries.

hemibee

Texas Tiger
Riding for 52 Years
Local time
First Name
Tony
My Ride
2013 Tiger 800XC
I'm running the 705's also. I too do my own (and most of the folks in the area tires) so on line pricing is great. TUP I mount and balance their tires at a pretty reasonable rate...it costs them a cheeseburger and a coke.

For a rear true dual sport or off road tire I run the Teraflex which is one awesome tire and no, let me repeat, no body likes to ride behind me with that monster mounted on the KTM, especially when we are in a rocky or muddy area. I could plow the back 40 with the Teraflex and still have a near new tire when I finish. The tire print in the dirt from the big TeraFlex (650 & up bikes) is very interesting and easy to track if you are tracking someone... the track in the dirt reads... BOOB

287_large_image.jpg

http://www.mandhtires.com/store.php?crn=68&action=show&show_products_mode=cat_click

keystiger

The Joker
Riding for 42 Years
Local time
First Name
Adrian
My Ride
Haaa ha ha you said "boob" lol

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom