the new tires are here the new tires are here!!!!!!!!!!!

keystiger

The Joker
Local time
Today, 00:03
First Name
Adrian
My Ride
2005 Triumph Tiger, British Racing Green--the fastest color
O.K. I guess thats a little more excited than I need to be, but the last couple days rides to work have been ....."stressful" at best as the front tire was ....very...very in need of replacement.... Back still has decent tread, and will be retained

And the New Shinko 705's came today. Look like good kit, but will see when I get em on my Saturday "project" ......plus the required "honey do's" :)

Very good; I am glad they came in. I am looking forward to hearing what you think of them.

I'm getting ready to order a set of 705's and would like to hear your thoughts on them after a ride or four.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would interested in hearing how they work for you too. I have seen them advertised quite a bit, but have not heard anything on how good, or bad, they are. Then again, I have seen a lot of people complain about the Bridgestone BT-45's, and I have been using them for years without any issues. In fact, they work fantastic on my old smoky Yamaha's!

Got them mounted and they look great. Finished up rather late so the true test will come tomorrow. :)

During bike week at the speedway, there was a vendor installing them for folks. I had a look at them - not that you can tell much by looking at a tire.

Will be waiting for the test results TUP

I would interested in hearing how they work for you too. I have seen them advertised quite a bit, but have not heard anything on how good, or bad, they are. Then again, I have seen a lot of people complain about the Bridgestone BT-45's, and I have been using them for years without any issues. In fact, they work fantastic on my old smoky Yamaha's!
I've been using Bridgestone's for years and have no complaints either.

The Bridgestones that came with my Bonnie were awful. The front cupped badly and would wander all over the road on grooved pavement. It wasn't my bike; many other riders experienced the same thing. I switched to Metzlers and so did Triumph.

That's very interesting and odd too.
Metzlers are on my T100, but over the years I've ridden thousands of miles on Bridgestones and have them on my CB900F.

The Bridgestones that came with my Bonnie were awful. The front cupped badly and would wander all over the road on grooved pavement. It wasn't my bike; many other riders experienced the same thing. I switched to Metzlers and so did Triumph.

Carl, I think the problems you had with the Bridgestones was caused by Florida's road system. No curves. Hahahahahaha

Well first ride through a bunch of twisties and a few straight shot county roads........not bad for the $.

They are a bit "loud".......expected due to the more dirt tread pattern than the Anakees.
They also "vibrate" a bit between 15 & 25 mph reminds me of my old dirt bike knobbies when ridden on the street....again I am sure do to the tread pattern however my first roll to a stop scared the crap outta me thinking a brake caliper was loose or something.....but it appears to be just the tire "feel"
They are also a little more "floppy" .......at least the front........in turns, that I can not totally say is the tire, I have only ever had Anakees on the Tiger any other tire, and honestly even a NEW Anakee may have behaved the same, the other had been on so long I sure my riding style/feel was "used to" that tire.

All in all I give them an "A" for the $. Had a paid BIG for them I would be a little unhappy. But bearing in mind this is a bargain tire I think they seem to do well.

Only dry riding today so can't say on wet roads, but grip was good and comfort at 70 mph was equal to the Anakees. They "hum" like Jeep tires at 70, it is just slightly noticeable as the Tiger has a Blue Flame exhaust and is not what you would call quiet, may be more noticeable on a quieter bike, not a deal breaker just an observation.

More info to come as I put more miles and more varied terrain on them. But for now. a complete set of new tires with shipping for under $260.00 hard to beat IMHO.
BBEERBBEER

I didn't have my Beautiful Assistant yesterday (Shannon is in FULL GARDENING MODE) So the video plan didn't take place.......besides there was much profanity involved in a solo tire swap and I don't know how to "bleep" the cuss words.........

/Users/adrianjones/Desktop/mail-3.jpeg

Attachments

• mail-3.jpeg
    mail-3.jpeg
    9.2 KB · Views: 35
  • mail-1.jpeg
    mail-1.jpeg
    8.1 KB · Views: 35
  • mail-2.jpeg
    mail-2.jpeg
    6.9 KB · Views: 37
Thanks for the report, looking forward to further tire evaluation reports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the report, Adrian. I have read on other forums that over inflating the Shinko's by a couple of pounds helps the performance. I do not know this from experience.

Carl, I think the problems you had with the Bridgestones was caused by Florida's road system. No curves. Hahahahahaha

Dave, I'll have you know there are at least three curves between Orlando and the Georgia line! BGRIN

Carl I can attest to that! There where a total of 4 in the keys.......got tired of riding back and forth over them :y2:

South Alabama is similar, except my neighborhood (one of the largest in the state) with over 3400 properties and miles of twisty curvy hilly roads hanging on the "cliffs" of Mobile Bay. Reminds me of a similar lake community I was raised in just south of Cleveland Ohio. Not only can I use the whole tire....I occasionally scrape a peg.....on a TIGER! now thats fun I don't care who you are (channeling Larry the cable guy) :y24:

Not much of a way to use the whole tire around here unless you use a grinder! I have to wait until get to mountains to do that.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom