Staff
Local time
Today, 02:47
First Name
Rocky
My Ride
2006 T100 Bonneville
Riding Since
Shubenacadie is a modern spelling and pronunciation of a native indian word for a small inland community. The native word means, "the place where ground nuts occur." I have no idea what that means but the natives obviously did.
To us these days, it's just called "Shubie."
26 of us met outside of town at gas station parking area.

IMG_0446.JPG

IMG_0447.JPG

From there we headed inland away from the cooler Atlantic coast, but the humidity had broken and the air was reasonably cool so we weren't cooking inside out riding gear.
The plan was to have lunch in Shubie at a diner that we have frequented for years, but were very disappointed to find it went out of business some time ago.
The only alternative was to carry on and divert to the complex in the village of Kennetcook.
The road across the center of the province was repaved last year and is still in perfect condition. I rode mid pack and smiled at the snake of bikes swinging left and right through the curves and up hill and down dale. The area isn't scenic and is mostly deep forest and open farm fields, but we are here for the road.
On the way we made a rest stop as a very black cloud passed overhead. We expected a monsoon, but not a drop fell.

IMG_0452.JPG

I showed you the complex in Kennetcook a few weeks ago. The Bar and grill was open and we were soon feeding our faces. Good food and great service.

IMG_3013.JPG

IMG_0457.JPG

From there we turned back towards the cities on another smooth road with riders dropping off as we neared home.
For me it was a 250 km (156 miles) run, but others came from farther away to join the ride.
Another great day on a bike with equally great friends.

Attachments

• IMG_0452.JPG
    IMG_0452.JPG
    341.7 KB · Views: 0
Rocky, as usual, a great ride report and superb pics. Some mighty fine bikes in those pics. TUP

Very nice! The weather was hit and miss up our way. Dark clouds and heavy rain at times. Mixed it up with week end traffic and poor scenery so no pics from me for a ride report. Glad you and you club had a great day.

You have seen most of the bikes before, but this was a new one on the scene and I forgot to show it.
It's a BSA 441cc single like mine, but the owner took a very different route when he restored it. It's not to my liking but he loves it so who am I to say otherwise.
However, I prefer to restore a bike to factory specs because I want to capture the look as they were.
This is his.

IMG_0450.JPG

This is mine.

61708320_10156027462371898_6033733734329483264_o.jpg

I much prefer yours. I, too, prefer restorations to original as opposed to custom.

FWIW, and if anyone really cares, the "ground nuts" I referred to above were some kind of edible potato-like tuber that either grew wild or was cultivated there.
And now you know BGRIN

I missed this one and once again such cool looking bikes in your group. Love that Snappers building very cool.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom