Catchalot

Riding for 51 Years
Local time
Yesterday, 19:20
First Name
Tom
My Ride
Bmw r1100rt
Thanks to all the help on this forum, I finally got my 95 thunderbird running great!! Bike sat for many years. I went to change the antifreeze & what a mess!! Thermostat housing , thermostat & fan switch we’re totally crusted up with black crystal substance. Romoved both & cleaned them up. Flushed system with hose & same came from engine drain . I removed water pump cover & nasty in there also. Flushed several times till clear. Attempting to install thermostat & there’s a lot of tension trying to get both halves of housing together , like you have to compress the thermostat? Is this right? Can I just leave it out completely? Thanks for any advise

Catchalot

Riding for 51 Years
Local time
Yesterday, 19:20
First Name
Tom
My Ride
Bmw r1100rt
N
Thanks to all the help on this forum, I finally got my 95 thunderbird running great!! Bike sat for many years. I went to change the antifreeze & what a mess!! Thermostat housing , thermostat & fan switch we’re totally crusted up with black crystal substance. Romoved both & cleaned them up. Flushed system with hose & same came from engine drain . I removed water pump cover & nasty in there also. Flushed several times till clear. Attempting to install thermostat & there’s a lot of tension trying to get both halves of housing together , like you have to compress the thermostat? Is this right? Can I just leave it out completely? Thanks for any advise
no info on crusty thermostat here ??

Greyfell

Proud Nerd
Riding for 4 Years
Local time
Yesterday, 16:20
First Name
Stephen
My Ride
2008 Triumph Bonneville T100 Ann-Margret
N

no info on crusty thermostat here ??
I am sure there is; they just haven't signed on yet since you asked your question. Look for a response from Grandpaul, Rudie, Shanered or one of several others.

Gogreen

Riding for 48 Years
Local time
Today, 00:20
First Name
Phil
My Ride
Thunderbird Sport; T140D
Shouldn't be much resistance. replace the o-ring. Not good practice to leave it out as bike will most often run cold and so inefficient - see attachedThermostat_Page_1.jpgThermostat_Page_2.jpg

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom