Premium Member
Staff
Local time
Yesterday, 23:14
My Ride
2005 Triumph Thruxton 900
Riding Since
2019 licensed about a decade earlier.
I can’t find the technical name for the thing attached between the fins on the Thruxton cylinder barrel. Anyone know what it’s called and is it meant to be removable?7F602AC1-597B-49FD-B85D-40ABAF97C071.jpeg

It almost looks like a guard of some kind. Not sure what it will protect but hope someone else jumps in with some insight.
Maybe to prevent the riders knees from contacting the hot engine when you are cornering aggressively. Don't recall seeing these on any other Triumph.

It almost looks like a guard of some kind. Not sure what it will protect but hope someone else jumps in with some insight.
Maybe to prevent the riders knees from contacting the hot engine when you are cornering aggressively. Don't recall seeing these on any other Triumph.
You're correct. I looked through a manual I had misplaced. It's a leg/knee guard of some type. It says it needs to stay on or replaced if broken. It didn't say it could be temporarily removed so I guess any operation near it should just use extra caution. It seems rather delicate to work around so I wondered if it could be removed and put back after. The sitting position on the Thruxton is a bit different, more aggressive.

You're correct. I looked through a manual I had misplaced. It's a leg/knee guard of some type. It says it needs to stay on or replaced if broken. It didn't say it could be temporarily removed so I guess any operation near it should just use extra caution. It seems rather delicate to work around so I wondered if it could be removed and put back after. The sitting position on the Thruxton is a bit different, more aggressive.
never seen one this side of the world

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom