Thruxton engine and transmission covers

They look great!

They look great!
I’m pleased. I didn’t really try to make them more polished, just removed the old finish, sanded off any oxidation and lightly polished to a shine. Probably a bit more shine than original, but I think it’s a good start. It’ll be easier to keep the finish clear with the clear coat removed.

They look mighty good!! TUP

So I removed the clear coat and cleaned it up a bit. Some fine brass wool and a sparing bit of 150 grit on a few of the roughest spots along with Mother’s aluminum polish, says it shines and protects. Thinking it might still need wax as well. Thoughts? Next going to remove the front sprocket cover and clean and lube the chain, plus clean the cover.View attachment 48290
Meriden bike owners don't wax. Just polish. Stays bright a good while. Cotton wheel in an electric drill soons restore any lost shine.

Meriden bike owners don't wax. Just polish. Stays bright a good while. Cotton wheel in an electric drill soons restore any lost shine.
I ended basically just using the polish. There was some motorcycle product I used for bare metal type finished, but no wax. I did it all just hand polishing.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom