Thruxton Fairing

Ziggy

Local time
Today, 06:23
First Name
Rich
My Ride
2016 Triumph Thruxton 1200
Any hints or suggestions for installing the fairing on Thruxton 1200 - NOT the R model?
Can it be installed by just lowering the original bars a bit? Looks like there's about 5/8" of play for lowering.

No clue...My bike came with the fairing....but I'm told that the original - taller - clip-on brackets will work with the fairing...

The best advise I can give is take a pic of the wiring in the headlight,it's tricky to stuff all that wiring back in with out remembering where it all goes.other then that it's just another job.

I found that there is no need to put the lower bar kit on if you don't want to. I simply lowered the original bars approx. 1/4" and the master cyl had plenty of clearance to clear the fairing. I also found it unnecessary to remove the fuel tank...simply remove the rear bolt and the tank will slide to the rear slightly to allow you to make all required connections according to the instructions. Slide it Back SLOWLY.
I might add that the instructions are not the best and the pictures or drawings are not much better.
Replacing the headlite wiring in the headlite cup is easy if you follow a photo for reinstallation.
I also found that installing the clear windshield is easier done after the fairing is installed.
I'm not saying that you should do anything as I have stated ...do what works for you.
The final installation came out perfect with a total install time of 4.5 hours and I took many breaks in between and I did it in a nice warm, heated garage.
Ziggy

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom