Thruxton R Led Signals

I just tried this and the rate didn't change. I selected 2, 3 and 4. Did as instructed above, selected then held the I button and checked each time. Any ideas?

Did you turn off the ignition after each time you changed it?

i tried that a few times -- changing to 2 and turning it off, then 3 and turning it off, then 4. i also tried another round where i held the "i" until it went back to normal. i'm assuming it's normal because you can't use the blinker while it's in "TYPE" mode.

You have to hold i while powering on until "type" appears. Release i and it will show "type" followed by the number set. 2 is the default. You then use the i button to choose number (probably 4) and then hold i button until odo reappears. The power off and on again. If this the sequence you are doing? Repeating the first part will show the number you set as a check that it took.

You have to hold i while powering on until "type" appears. Release i and it will show "type" followed by the number set. 2 is the default. You then use the i button to choose number (probably 4) and then hold i button until odo reappears. The power off and on again. If this the sequence you are doing? Repeating the first part will show the number you set as a check that it took.
yeah, that's what i'm doing. i just went out and did that again. held down i until i saw type, changed to 3, held until i saw odometer, then turned off and back on. did that with 2 and 4. not sure i did it with one as i thought 1 was the default. will try that now.

just went through each type, setting it, turning off the bike and no change in flash rate, or imperceptible. each time, the previous type showed on the screen confirming it was changed.

Are you using four LED signals? Or just two?

Are you using four LED signals? Or just two?
i've got two LED up front and a single tail light strip LED with built in flashers at the rear.

hmmmm. should work then. That's exactly the setup I have. Are they flashing rapidly or are all four going on at once?

hmmmm. should work then. That's exactly the setup I have. Are they flashing rapidly or are all four going on at once?

the left/right flash rapidly, same as the left/right blinker portion of the tail light strip.

i didn't do the wiring, but seeing as they work as they're supposed to except for the high rate, i'm guessing it's correct.

I wasn't badmouthing you, I just wondered. Sometimes when you install 4 LED signals, they all function at once. The easy solution in your case would be to buy a relay from NRC. Not as easy as fixing it with a button push, but it will fix the provlem.

I wasn't badmouthing you, I just wondered. Sometimes when you install 4 LED signals, they all function at once. The easy solution in your case would be to buy a relay from NRC. Not as easy as fixing it with a button push, but it will fix the provlem.
i didn't take any offense and appreciate your suggestion. thank you.

I'm using about 8 LEDS for turn signals (No Christmas tree jokes :)). I removed the resistors I had originally used and set the TYPE to 4. All works ok.

Mine works fine too (set to 4). I have LED's on the front, and an NRC integrated tail la,p in the rear (also LED).

Press and hold the (I)information button while you turn on the bike until it shows TYP on the display. Select modes 2-4 to adjust the flash rate. The flash rate is computer controlled and does not require wiring in resistors or changing out relays.

Thanks for this information. My dealer was not aware that you could do this when switching to LED's.
John

Triumph LED turn signals came in yesterday, 7 days after ordering from dealer in GB.

Press and hold the (I)information button while you turn on the bike until it shows TYP on the display. Select modes 2-4 to adjust the flash rate. The flash rate is computer controlled and does not require wiring in resistors or changing out relays.
Mate that's fantastic

Dave, I bought the Triumph factory flashers out of a dealer in GB. They worked correctly without having to adjust the flash rate. Very high quality turn signals. I can't speak for the quality or what you might have to do to get the correct flash rate on less expensive aftermarket flashers (added resistors or other fiddling).

No fiddling required. A simple button push (changed setting to number 4) and all my flashers work at the standard rate.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom