Tiger 800 ALL Exhausts Comparison Video

Local time
Today, 16:51
First Name
William
My Ride
Tiger 800
I found this video which compare all exhausts for Tiger 800

Very helpful if you are thinking which exhausts to upgrade and find the best sound you like.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9BJevMQFyM

You can click on the video for all exhausts timestamps & links

Which exhaust you liked the most?

I found this video which compare all exhausts for Tiger 800

Very helpful if you are thinking which exhausts to upgrade and find the best sound you like.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9BJevMQFyM

You can click on the video for all exhausts timestamps & links

Which exhaust you liked the most?
I have an XRX with an Arrows exhaust. The Arrows is for the earlier Tiger 800, I got it really cheap when Triumph were running an accessory clearance event. It was a straight fit on the XRX and as a bonus has a removable baffle/stinger unlike the later ones which have a tack weld holding the baffle in place.

My experience is that with the baffle in it isn't a lot different from stock and with the baffle out it is way too loud for the rider. I have tuned the baffle by drilling loads more holes and it now sounds good without being offensive.

Interestingly the map is the same for the stock and Arrows exhaust on the 800 XRX so no re-mapping is required unlike on my Street Triple 675 R where a new map is required for the Arrows. Also on my Street Triple the Arrows gives a nice burble without being over loud when the baffle is out.

I have an XRX with an Arrows exhaust. The Arrows is for the earlier Tiger 800, I got it really cheap when Triumph were running an accessory clearance event. It was a straight fit on the XRX and as a bonus has a removable baffle/stinger unlike the later ones which have a tack weld holding the baffle in place.

My experience is that with the baffle in it isn't a lot different from stock and with the baffle out it is way too loud for the rider. I have tuned the baffle by drilling loads more holes and it now sounds good without being offensive.

Interestingly the map is the same for the stock and Arrows exhaust on the 800 XRX so no re-mapping is required unlike on my Street Triple 675 R where a new map is required for the Arrows. Also on my Street Triple the Arrows gives a nice burble without being over loud when the baffle is out.
That is my experience as well insofar as with the baffle in. I have the tack welded screw holding my baffle in and have thought about using my Dremel to cut through the weld and make mine removable. But, you and others have said that it is too loud. I did have the re-map after installing on my 800XC and it runs richer and better, IMHO.

I just put an Akrapovic on my 2013 800XC. I knew I wanted the baffles out before I even started installation, so managed to break free the tack welded 4mm bolts through the holes in the back of the muffler (plugged with rubber grommets). I figured it would be easier to yank the baffles out after everything was bolted on, but can't manage to get them out. Anybody out there been down this road?

I just put an Akrapovic on my 2013 800XC. I knew I wanted the baffles out before I even started installation, so managed to break free the tack welded 4mm bolts through the holes in the back of the muffler (plugged with rubber grommets). I figured it would be easier to yank the baffles out after everything was bolted on, but can't manage to get them out. Anybody out there been down this road?
A broom handle often does the trick. Insert it as far as you can into the stinger (baffle) and use it to wiggle the stinger about to get it loose.

A broom handle often does the trick. Insert it as far as you can into the stinger (baffle) and use it to wiggle the stinger about to get it loose.
PS if you re-insert the stinger then putting a smear of copper grease on the mating surfaces makes future removal a lot easier.

Thanks ManInThe Jar. The openings are 20mm (0.8") in diameter (there are two dB killers), so broom handle won't fit. I'm thinking I need to figure out some way to pull them out. Tried to stick a threaded rod with large nut through to yank from the back, but the baffles seem to be angled. i.e., they don't want to play. I don't care if I damage them getting them out since I don't intend to put them back in, but I don't want to damage them and then not be able to get them out (don't want boogered up tips). Any other ideas anyone?

Thanks ManInThe Jar. The openings are 20mm (0.8") in diameter (there are two dB killers), so broom handle won't fit. I'm thinking I need to figure out some way to pull them out. Tried to stick a threaded rod with large nut through to yank from the back, but the baffles seem to be angled. i.e., they don't want to play. I don't care if I damage them getting them out since I don't intend to put them back in, but I don't want to damage them and then not be able to get them out (don't want boogered up tips). Any other ideas anyone?
I don't think pulling them straight out will work unless you can get a solid grip for a puller or slide hammer, wiggling them has a better chance of overcoming the initial stiction. Maybe try wiggling them with with something like a long tommy bar or a couple of long 1/2 or 3/4" socket extension bars joined together. Running the bike beforehand to get a bit of heat into it might also be worth a try.

OK....I guess it's all about perseverance.
Used a home-made hammer-puller (slide hammer) made from a piece of 1/4-20 threaded rod with a washer on the end to hook around the back edge of the baffle. Worked like a charm, with absolutely no damage to baffle. Length from outer edge of baffle to back edge is ~5.5", so obviously you've got to reach back into the baffle that far. If anybody else needs help, let me know. I did use a squirt of lubricant on each to "grease the skids". Thanks for your help ManInTheJar.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom