Stefaan

Riding for 13 Years
Local time
Today, 01:59
First Name
Stefaan
My Ride
Tiger 800 XCA
Has anyone got experience of an odd plastic rattle sound coming from front end radiator area? I'm wondering if it normal given the multitude of plastic around the tank and rad......
I had the same experience, checked all fasteners but eventually fastened the radiator cover with a tiewrap.

Stefaan

Riding for 13 Years
Local time
Today, 01:59
First Name
Stefaan
My Ride
Tiger 800 XCA
I have 20000km on a 800 XCA with corrosion on the frame, spokes and exhaust. I find it disturbing that this happens on a modern Tiger. Regretfully, the manufacturer says it's due to bad maintenance or external factors. However, I keep the bike inside although I ride all seasons. Anyone else experienced corrosion issues? On my previous Triumph bikes I never had this problem. Are the standards dropping in Hinckley?

hemibee

Texas Tiger
Riding for 52 Years
Local time
Yesterday, 18:59
First Name
Tony
My Ride
2013 Tiger 800XC
Anyone else experienced corrosion issues?

I haven't experienced any corrosion issues on my 2013 XC. Now to be honest, the mileage is low on mine due to some issues beyond my control so I'm probably not a good source of corrosion issues.

brooke

Riding for 51 Years
Local time
Yesterday, 20:59
First Name
Brooke
My Ride
16 thruxton r. 2011 tiger 800
Thanks to you RTW for your maintenance log , many points of interest . My Tiger is in for shifter issue now. Became increasingly fussy to down shift and finally got stuck in 6th. Next day I could actually move down to 1st and shift it around a bit before starting the engine but on the ride to the shop got stuck in 6 again. Spring is obviously not broken, pin loose or whatever? Mine is a 2011 roadie with 60k km. Will issue a report on findings. Thanks again Brooke

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom