Tiger missfire

Big L

Local time
Today, 05:31
First Name
Lawrence
My Ride
Triumph tiger 855i
Hi just a quick question before I start stripping down again ,I put the bike away for the winter on starting to get ready for the summer I changed the sprockets and chain and the throttle cable as it was very tight after rebuilding when I started the bike it ran perfectly well but after a short while it went onto two cylinders when revved it back fires . Stop it and let I cool and the same thing happens again ,it was running ok when laid up any suggestions thanks

it sounds like a duff plug to me or a blocked injector try a bit of injector cleaner and take the plugs out and check the gaps ? ... i had a similar thing it turned out to be a closed plug gap i must have nocked it when i dropped it in to the head to screw it in .

Thank you very much for your advice I got some new plugs but when I removed the tank and airbox I found a split in the tube that connects to the injector body not the fuel line it must be an air regulator of some kind ,the plugs looked fine but changed them anyway I put some plastic tape around the split rubber pipe and a small cable clip and reassembled it it started on the button first time and now runs great thanks again

I love it when the fix is as simple as that - but of course finding it is what can drive you crazy BGRIN
TUP TUP to Shane for heading you in the right direction not knowing that you would find the problem along the way.

You are so right I think I went through every possability in my head but not the actual cause

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom