Skipper

Riding for 23 Years
Local time
Today, 02:06
First Name
Paul
My Ride
Triumph Tiger XCx 800
I purchase a 2016 Triumph Tiger XCx 800cc with 18669 km on the clock in July 2019. This bike has run like a dream until a month ago. The bike now fails to start after a ride after switching off. I have to wait a while till it cools down and then it starts. The battery was tested and is top notch. A meter was put on the battery and when trying to start the starter pulls too bigger a load so it sounds like the battery is going flat. This shows that it turns over but does not have enough load to start the engine. I contacted the dealer where I bought the bike and one mechanic told me that they can only do a replacement and that is at R15000.00. Does anyone have other solutions to this problem. Thanks

Rocky

Still Rocking
Riding for 29 Years
Administrator
Staff
Local time
Yesterday, 21:06
First Name
Rocky
My Ride
2006 T100 Bonneville
I think the battery is suspect. These bikes need a good strong battery.
Some of the Tiger guys should be along soon to offer an opinion.

Greyfell

Proud Nerd
Riding for 4 Years
Local time
Yesterday, 17:06
First Name
Stephen
My Ride
2008 Triumph Bonneville T100 Ann-Margret
5 years on a motorcycle battery is nearly the upper limit, time wise.

Skipper

Riding for 23 Years
Local time
First Name
Paul
My Ride
Triumph Tiger XCx 800
If you have the original battery then I would say replace it due to age and the information you provided.
Nope not original battery. Previous owner replaced battery just before my purchase. As I said battery was tested at battery dealer and it held its charge without issues.

Skipper

Riding for 23 Years
Local time
First Name
Paul
My Ride
Triumph Tiger XCx 800
5 years on a motorcycle battery is nearly the upper limit, time wise.
Nope not original battery. Previous owner replaced battery just before my purchase. As I said battery was tested at battery dealer and it held its charge without issues.

Qship

Riding for 41 Years
Staff
Local time
Yesterday, 21:06
First Name
Steve
My Ride
'17 Tiger Explorer XRT
Did they load test the battery? That will reveal if it's got the cranking amps to start the bike. Do you know if it was replaced with a good quality battery or a lesser quality to complete the sale. Sometimes even new batteries don't last.

Skipper

Riding for 23 Years
Local time
First Name
Paul
My Ride
Triumph Tiger XCx 800
If you have the original battery then I would say replace it due to age and the information you provided.
It is not the battery. Battery dealers said the battery was tops and could even start a 1300.

Armando

Riding for 56 Years
Local time
Yesterday, 17:06
First Name
Armando
My Ride
2012 tiger 800xc
I purchase a 2016 Triumph Tiger XCx 800cc with 18669 km on the clock in July 2019. This bike has run like a dream until a month ago. The bike now fails to start after a ride after switching off. I have to wait a while till it cools down and then it starts. The battery was tested and is top notch. A meter was put on the battery and when trying to start the starter pulls too bigger a load so it sounds like the battery is going flat. This shows that it turns over but does not have enough load to start the engine. I contacted the dealer where I bought the bike and one mechanic told me that they can only do a replacement and that is at R15000.00. Does anyone have other solutions to this problem. Thanks
I have the same problem with mine, it's the starter, it overheats and have to wait till it cools down after about 10 or 15 min it starts up again fine.

Skipper

Riding for 23 Years
Local time
First Name
Paul
My Ride
Triumph Tiger XCx 800
I have the same problem with mine, it's the starter, it overheats and have to wait till it cools down after about 10 or 15 min it starts up again fine.
Yeah I just got it back from service. Seems better now after starter was taken out and cleaned. But looking at a new starter at R15k t totally alleviate the problem. Thank you.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom