Tiger800 Inverted Fork Seal Protectors?

craigahead

Riding for 6 Years
Local time
Yesterday, 19:37
My Ride
2018 Triumph Tiger XRx
I take my 2018 Tiger 800XRx on fire roads and simple trails frequently and that causes my fork seals to leak regularly. They are inverted so that minimizes the options to close up the open forks. Any suggestions or products found that y’all recommend?

Qship

Riding for 41 Years
Staff
Local time
Yesterday, 21:37
First Name
Steve
My Ride
'17 Tiger Explorer XRT
Thought about covers for the exposed fork slides. If you keep the dirt off, less chances of damaging your seals.

hemibee

Texas Tiger
Riding for 52 Years
Local time
First Name
Tony
My Ride
2013 Tiger 800XC
My sons and I raced off-road for years and never covered our lowers. I would use a seal cleaner or another piece of flexible plastic to run under the seals along the lowers to clean junk from them every now and then. Since 2004 I've probably only had to replace seals 4 or five times and most of those were when using "top of the line" seals. I went back to original quality and have replaced only once on two different bikes. I haven't had any issue with my Tiger and have done a good bit of fire roads and very little trails on it.

craigahead

Riding for 6 Years
Local time
My Ride
2018 Triumph Tiger XRx
My sons and I raced off-road for years and never covered our lowers. I would use a seal cleaner or another piece of flexible plastic to run under the seals along the lowers to clean junk from them every now and then. Since 2004 I've probably only had to replace seals 4 or five times and most of those were when using "top of the line" seals. I went back to original quality and have replaced only once on two different bikes. I haven't had any issue with my Tiger and have done a good bit of fire roads and very little trails on it.
Thanks to you and Qship for your responses and advice
I wound up buying the Kriega Velcro (easy on/off) fork covers. I watched a video on how to make my own(The Velcro thing being key as I do not have to remove my front end to do routine cleaning) and through some Internet research realized that Kriega already had this product available. when the warm weather comes around I’m thinking will be an easy quick way to keep the dirt off as well as remove/clean for regular post ride maintenance. I also purchased a seal doctor as you advised for deeper cleaning to go with that regular maintenance. If that kind of overkill doesn’t have me covered then I better stick to riding on indoor tracks ha ha.
When the warm weather comes around and I get a few hundred miles of mixed terrain riding in the books I will post how it’s all working out.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom