Tire Date And TOR Short 07 Carb For EFI 2012

coolmario23

Local time
Yesterday, 23:21
First Name
Mario
My Ride
2012 Triumph America
Hi just checked my tires date code is 2811 on front and 2911 on rear that is 2011 tires on a 2012 America. looks like its the stock ones as they are the Metzler Marathon.

Since its only 5150 miles doesn't show dry rot or cracks or anything should i still replace is it ASAP or what is the DOT for replacing tires for motorcycle is it 7 years to 10 years in the US for replacement of tires, I know for the car its 10 years not sure on tires for the motorcycles I am assuming 10 years again.

I also bought short tors from FB market place from a 2007 Carb America for $100 Since the PO did a bait and switch from the Long TOR exhaust and when he delivered it switched it with Stocks. WTF was he thinking still unable to digest it. Thinking I would not notice them and I am so pissed. excuse the language unable to digest the fact so venting it out.

Anyway help or experience with short tors from a previous gen on a newer America 2009-2012 efi without any issues. apart from an ECU tune ?

Before and After pics of cleaning the exhaust.

I went with old school cleaning,
1) CLR Liquid half cup
2) Any soap half cup
3) warm water half cup.
4) towel/ soft scrub etc.
5) some hard labor 30 mins later attached before and after pics.
Thanks for the time..

If anyone has the long TORS for sale or the Sissy bar for the 2012 America please point me in that direction.

20201126_142651.jpg20201126_142656.jpg

Hi just checked my tires date code is 2811 on front and 2911 on rear that is 2011 tires on a 2012 America. looks like its the stock ones as they are the Metzler Marathon.

Since its only 5150 miles doesn't show dry rot or cracks or anything should i still replace is it ASAP or what is the DOT for replacing tires for motorcycle is it 7 years to 10 years in the US for replacement of tires, I know for the car its 10 years not sure on tires for the motorcycles I am assuming 10 years again.

Hi! In the US, I have never heard of a hard-and-fast rule of when to change tires due to age, though 10 years is thought to be a good upper limit. As for changing them ASAP, I would wait for the start of your next riding season.

Thanks Greyfell point noted any takes on the exhaust looks like it will line up according to the measurement and then only thing looks like the heatshield will not align on the left side of the bike...

As for the exhaust, I have to leave that for someone with more experience.

FWIW, when my bike tires get up into the 7-8 years old range I start thinking about new ones regardless of how worn they are or not.
Of course, much sooner if they're worn out.

If they are not straight piped then there really shouldn't be a big issue, I cut my long pipes down and pulled the baffles, "which I would not recommend" because at the baffle the pipe is double walled and insulated which over coming that was a pain. However, with the baffles in place there was no need to adjust my tune. But after most certainly, the ones you posted look as though the should fit with no problem.

thanks the front header pipes looks like it has a bit of bluing attached pictures from the timing of viewing the bike so not sure if the PO did a tune or just had stock TORS with no tune ached pics from the ad before the pickup. now its back on stock exhaust will swap out with short ones as soon as I have some time.

Attachments

• frontside.jpg
    frontside.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 6
That is a substantial length of blueing, I would definitely have your tuning checked just to be sure. I ran dangerously lean for a few weeks without realizing it and my blueing never got further than about 2 inches.

That is a substantial length of blueing, I would definitely have your tuning checked just to be sure. I ran dangerously lean for a few weeks without realizing it and my blueing never got further than about 2 inches.
Thanks will check it out currently stored for the Winter I was lucky and got a TORS Long exhaust for the EFI and it was a good deal on craigslist from a nice Gentleman he had changed to BC exhaust.. he said to remove the air injection and clean up the exhaust blueing and to call up the dealer to verify if it has the tune for the exhaust.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom