Local time
Today, 23:31
First Name
Dave
My Ride
Speedmaster
Riding Since
upload_2017-4-28_9-51-29.jpeg

Triumph has created a machine that combines post war styling with modern day performance – a trick they’ve carried over from the rest of their Bonneville range. It’s not the cheapest bobber out there, but it’s the classiest and packed with cool design touches and character. It takes the cool, slow-speed cruising stuff easily in its stride, but it’s surprisingly fun and capable, too.

Read the full story - TRIUMPH BONNEVILLE BOBBER (2017-on) Review

This not my style of bike, but I'm pleased to see that it's such a hit.

The photos don't do it justice. The bike looks better in person.

I would like to see one as you never do get the full feel from a photo.

My Bonnie is due for the semi-annual inspection in May so I may just ride up to the dealership to have it done and peruse the showroom while I'm waiting.
Haven't been there in over a year.

I see a new bike on it's way BGRIN

I see a new bike on it's way BGRIN
ROTFL no, I'm quite happy with my "old" Bonnie - but it doesn't hurt to look.............does it????

I am sure there is a T120 calling .... Rocky, Rocky ...... you need me BGRIN

My name is Rocky. I'm a moto-aholic and have been sober for eleven years, but a painted T120 siren of-the-night is calling and I'm about to fall off the wagon!
What should I do; call Dr. Phill or given in to my lecherous desires?

I say just give in much easer and more fun.

I sat on one at the dealer a couple of weeks ago. Surprizingly, I was comfortable on it. If I owned every other bike I wanted, maybe then I would consider getting a Bobber. It's just too focused in it's mission to have much purpose. I prefer a bike that can do more without compromise.
Now a new T 120 in Cinter Red would be my siren calling and I would get all weak in the knees and probably give into her song.

I sat on one at the dealer a couple of weeks ago. Surprizingly, I was comfortable on it. If I owned every other bike I wanted, maybe then I would consider getting a Bobber. It's just too focused in it's mission to have much purpose. I prefer a bike that can do more without compromise.
Now a new T 120 in Cinter Red would be my siren calling and I would get all weak in the knees and probably give into her song.

This is the way I also see it just as a fun bike for those bike night type outings.

This is the way I also see it just as a fun bike for those bike night type outings.
I feel the same way as Qship; lovely bike, but for me it's too single-purpose.
If your riding is just short jaunts, bike night or whatever, then it's great for that, but at the risk of sounding repetitive and redundant, I like my bikes to serve many purposes and be an all-arounder; throw some bags on and hit the road for a few days, a week or more.
All that said, it's getting rave reviews in the motorcycle magazines and I hope it sells like hot cakes.

I am sort of like R, but there is always room for 1 mote bike and they cost $!

Actually, With a few mods they can be made into some really great cruisers. They have the power at 1200 cc, to ride all day long at 65 to 75 miles an hour. But, I really don't need to go any faster than 65 miles an hour anyway unless I'm passing someone. The speed limit is 65 in most states and I really don't need any speeding tickets either. Plus, I really enjoy cruising down the freeways, a lot on mine. I just can't wait, until I'm completely healed up from my up and coming shoulder surgery. But while I'm down for nearly a year healing, I'm going to be buying some crash bars, forward controls, higher handle bars, and some nice waterproof saddle bags and saddle bag bars, that I'll be having installed, by my local Triumph dealer while I'm down and healing, along with going through the PT. Then, when my doctor clears me to ride again, I'll have all of that work done, except for the cam shaft. Which I can wait until after my warranty runs out, before having that done anyway. But, I only have 3,000 miles on my Bobber now. So, I have a few years to save up some more money, to have that cam shaft installed. Then, when I have an extra thousand bucks? I'm going to have my Triumph dealer order that TEC cam shaft and have them install it into my engine. It's supposed to increase my engines performance. But, not hurt my engine in anyway or lose any it's reliability. What I've read about the TEC cam shaft, is very positive, along with the YouTube videos, that I've watched. So much so, that I want to have one installed in my Bobber in a few years and I don't plan on buying anymore motorcycles after this one is paid off, at my age. Plus, I don't like hauling passengers anyway. I really never have on any motorcycle, that I've ever owned, but that's just me. I fill if they want to ride, they can buy their own bike and ride along with me, I really dislike hauling passengers.

Good luck with the surgery, heal fast and then ride safe TUP

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom