Administrator
Local time
Today, 10:18
First Name
Dave
My Ride
Speedmaster
Riding Since
Triumph looks set to replace the Daytona 675 they axed in 2017 with a Daytona 765 powered by a version of their control engine for the Moto2 class.

Ever since Triumph was announced as the Moto2 engine supplier in 2017 for the 2019-21 seasons, it has been expected the new engine would power a Daytona replacement.

Now British website Motorcyclenews.com has posted spy images of the Daytona 765 in Spain, so it looks like a street-legal model is about to leave the pits for some hot street action.

There are no technical details yet for the street-legal version, but it is likely to come in several specifications.

triumph-daytona-765-021.jpg

High-spec Daytona 765 with a Speed Triple on a Spanish racetrack (All spy images of the Daytona 765 are from British website Motorcyclenews.com)
Wailing 765

Listen to the race engine wail in this video.

The three-cylinder Moto2 race engine is believed to have 97kW of power and meet the coming Euro 5 emissions standards.

It is derived from the 90kW 765cc Street Triple but with more than 80 new parts.

moto2-2019-triumph-triple-moto2-bike-engine-specs-horsepower-1-8159.jpeg

Moto2 racer and Street Triple

They include an increased bore and stroke, new crank, pistons, titanium valves, stiffer valve springs and Nikasil-plated aluminium barrels.

The race bike also has a taller first gear ratio, a tunable slipper clutch, a new sump and an ECU developed by Magneti Marelli who supply the MotoGP control unit.

Triumph-Daytona-765-017.jpg

All spy images of the Daytona 765 are from British website Motorcyclenews.com
Daytona 765 tech

We’re not sure how much of this tech will make it into the street-legal version.

However, there is talk that it will have traction control, several engine modes, cornering ABS and a quickshifter with autoblipper to match wheel and engine speeds on downshifts and make you sound like you know what you’re doing!

The bike is expected to weigh in at about 180kg.

triumph-daytona-765-010.jpg

All spy images of the Daytona 765 are from British website Motorcyclenews.com
Moto2

Moto2 replaced the 250cc two-stroke GP class in 2010.

It has since been powered by Honda’s 600cc four-cylinder engine.

When the MotoGP season starts on March 10 in Qatar, there will be a healthy field of 32 riders in the Moto2 category.

Triumph’s Daytona 675R engines have powered super sports wins at the Isle of Man TT, Daytona 200 and British Supersports Championships in 2014 and 2015.

The post Triumph Daytona 765 a street-legal Moto2 appeared first on Motorbike Writer.

Sorry, not for me. It's ugly and like so many offerings these days.
How long could you withstand that seating position FACE

I agree with Rocky, these should have been posted on the ugly bike post posted Sunday. (world's top 10 ugly motorcycles)

As far as street legal race bikes go I think the Triumph Daytona is the best looking out of the lot. Not my style and I would be extremely uncomfortable on one but it would be a rush for sure.

I don't think it looks that bad but it would not be an everyday rider if I did have one.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom