Riding for 47 Years
Local time
Today, 11:56
First Name
Chris
My Ride
2020 Tiger 900 Rally Pro
Hi All,
Finally took delivery of the Lowered Seat I ordered in Jun'20 a couple of weeks ago!
Accessories are running particularly slow as to be expected (I think!).

I'm 5' 7" and can handle the standard seat on the Rally Pro at 850mm as I am used to this height after owning a Ducati Multistrada 1100s for the last 10 years.
But decided to go all out and get all the available Triumph Rally Pro accessories when I purchased the bike last Jun'20.

What can I say the seat is 20mm lower than the standard seat, it replaces only the Riders seat not the pillion and is not heated.
The heated option is not a big issue over here in Western Australia but I will use it during our winter which can get down to 2 degC some mornings!

The only other thing worth mentioning is that there is (obviously) less padding and this is extremely noticeable to the point that I am 50/50 whether I want to use it at all! The stability you gain is good when coming to a stop at traffic lights and when lane filtering.
Plan to give it a go for a while longer, see how my rear fairs on a long ride then decide if eBay will be worth considering!

The seat cost me AU$250 less a 15% discount then 10% GST added. That's US$195.00 todays rate.

msunol@outlook.

Riding for 11 Months
Local time
Today, 14:56
First Name
Matt
My Ride
Tiger 900 Rally Pro
Hi All,
Finally took delivery of the Lowered Seat I ordered in Jun'20 a couple of weeks ago!

I'm 5' 7" and can handle the standard seat on the Rally Pro at 850mm as I am used to this height after owning a Ducati Multistrada 1100s for the last 10 years.
But decided to go all out and get all the available Triumph Rally Pro accessories when I purchased the bike last Jun'20.

What can I say the seat is 20mm lower than the standard seat, it replaces only the Riders seat not the pillion and is not heated.
The heated option is not a big issue over here in Western Australia but I will use it during our winter which can get down to 2 degC some mornings!

The only other thing worth mentioning is that there is (obviously) less padding and this is extremely noticeable to the point that I am 50/50 whether I want to use it at all! The stability you gain is good when coming to a stop at traffic lights and when lane filtering.
Plan to give it a go for a while longer, see how my rear fairs on a long ride then decide if eBay will be worth considering!

The seat cost me AU$250 less a 15% discount then 10% GST added. That's US$195.00 todays rate.
Hello Mordibe, after a while with you lower seat on the Rally Pro, what is your outcome, did you persevere with the seat or did you return to the original. I am waiting for my new Tiger 900 rally to arrive, same height as yourself, and also am thinking of purchasing a lower seat to reduce the seat height. I am interested in your outcome.
Cheers Matt

brooke

Riding for 52 Years
Local time
Yesterday, 23:56
First Name
Brooke
My Ride
16 thruxton r. 2011 tiger 800
@msunol@outlook. Mordibe has not been on here since Oct '21, so not optimistic about you getting a response.
Maybe I’m wrong but if you make the seat lower you probably remove half the foam which probably leads to making you butt sore in have the time . Unless of course your one of those magicians who can make a rope get longer by cutting it in half .

ADV Travelbug

Local time
Today, 03:56
My Ride
Tiger 900 Rally Pro
Hi All,

Hi All,

We also wanted to get the lower seat for Fiona (1.63m) but had a custom seat made by Touratech which is 2-3mm lower and you DON'T USE THE HEATED SEAT function + it's very comfortable. We agree that it sucks losing the heated seat function and being so much less comfortable. We also have the lowered from Touratech. If anyone wants to take a look here is a link:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS9k4fmqHzk&t=3s

We also wrote a blogpost about Fiona's lowered Tiger 900 Rally Pro if you want to check out all the customisations:

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom