Local time
Today, 13:49
First Name
Dave
My Ride
Speedmaster
Riding Since

Expanding the Lineup​

The Triumph Trident is a topic of discussion lately, and it’s no secret that the bike is coming. Its reveal date is set for October 30th. The bike will be available sometime after that and will come with a version of Triumph’s three-cylinder engine. According to Motociclismo, the new Trident will get a 660cc displacement, and it won’t be the only bike.

The publication reports that Triumph is working to create a full range of 660cc motorcycles that will include an adventure bike and an adventure sport crossover model. This would help Triumph stay competitive with Aprilia and some of the other motorcycle companies out there that are investing in the middleweight category.

It is speculated that this new engine would make around 95 hp, which would be good enough not only for the Trident but for the other motorcycles in this new range of bikes.

As I’ve said above, the Trident is coming on October 30th. These other bikes will not be revealed at this time, but I wonder if Triumph will show any hints as to what is to come. Motociclismo seems pretty clear that these new bikes will be coming at some point, though it’s uncertain when. It does make sense. If Triumph is going to go to the trouble of making a new triple engine, they might as well make the most of it and offer a few different bikes.

The post Triumph Will Have a Range of 660cc Motorcycles appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Source...

It will be interesting to see what the bikes look like.

I hope they will make a retro type bike using that triple.

Unlikely as us "retro" types are getting older and Triumph (and HD) need to attract younger buyers. I'd like to see a 500cc retro single, w/ kick start. Oh, that is called an Enfield...LOL

I remember my first electric start bike it still had the kick-starter and I really hardly ever used the electric start, it just did not feel right not kicking the bike into action.

I remember my first electric start bike it still had the kick-starter and I really hardly ever used the electric start, it just did not feel right not kicking the bike into action.
I had that same experience.

My first bike was a 1952 BSA. The next one 34 years later was a modern Honda, but I still own two vintage bikes with kick starters and have no trouble starting them.

I wanta see some picts!

Expanding the Lineup​

The Triumph Trident is a topic of discussion lately, and it’s no secret that the bike is coming. Its reveal date is set for October 30th. The bike will be available sometime after that and will come with a version of Triumph’s three-cylinder engine. According to Motociclismo, the new Trident will get a 660cc displacement, and it won’t be the only bike.

The publication reports that Triumph is working to create a full range of 660cc motorcycles that will include an adventure bike and an adventure sport crossover model. This would help Triumph stay competitive with Aprilia and some of the other motorcycle companies out there that are investing in the middleweight category.

It is speculated that this new engine would make around 95 hp, which would be good enough not only for the Trident but for the other motorcycles in this new range of bikes.

As I’ve said above, the Trident is coming on October 30th. These other bikes will not be revealed at this time, but I wonder if Triumph will show any hints as to what is to come. Motociclismo seems pretty clear that these new bikes will be coming at some point, though it’s uncertain when. It does make sense. If Triumph is going to go to the trouble of making a new triple engine, they might as well make the most of it and offer a few different bikes.

The post Triumph Will Have a Range of 660cc Motorcycles appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Source...
just seen the trident----lovely!----ok only 80HP. , but typically they have the bike producing 90% of its 47 torque from low down and produces more power than most of its direct competitors (MT700, SV650, ninja 650) A bit short of the Honda 650 at 94 though .(but the MT700 is the biggest seller) also the Honda ,good though it is , has the problem that it is a thinly disguised sport bike ---I have ridden one and for most of the time its hard work , you need to keep the motor spinning 6000+ maybe its just me , but even having the motor whining away at these revs is tiring over time. It was a lesson handed to me by a local Honda dealer who was tempting me with a new version CBF1000 over my old one , although the 650 had similar power to my old CBF it was not much lighter and the 1000 was soooo much easier to ride. The trident should be just right for the magic 40-80 road speed range. Experience with the T120 shows that 80hp, having loads of midrange torque means you can keep the pace with anything at 'sensible' road speeds. ----triumph seem to be using an engine that is already in existence in the Australian market. They have also said that there will be a new Tiger sport at 950cc. For me though , to make the bike usable for the growing commuting market , they should have offered a 'long haul' screen as well as just a small deflector. Also the only luggage is a tank bag, of course if they bring out an 'adventure' or cross=over version that would make sense. It has made my choice a little harder , as I now want to wait and see what a cross-over offers. However I will definitely looking for a test ride when the 'q' dies down a bit.

Putting some polished fins on the outside cylinders would be a good start . I think this retro thing could be big for Triumph for quite awhile yet , but they will have to keep the improvements coming starting with much better seats .

THAT is.one god AWFUL ugly looking bike ! Where is the REST of it ? Looks like they piled up a bunch of scrap and welded it together :O ...J.D.

Got to be a joke!

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom