Trophy SE ridden & reviewed Rider Magazine Dec 2012

Tydive

Local time
Today, 13:15
First Name
Ty
My Ride
Trophy 900. 1998
Got the cover shot, "New luxury sport tourer". Rave review, all that we could hope for really. Tag line "it has the performance to excite, the amenities to satisfy and the technology to dazzle. The more I rode it, the more I wanted to ride it, the farther I wanted to go."

I'll get to sit on one next weekend.

Haven't come across a bad review yet. ONLY negative I have heard from anyone is the look is to "BMW"-ish. but when they ride it......they forget all about the look and rave about the ride. And how much better it is the the BMW. Even likened to David VS Goliath and we all know who won THAT one. :y2:

Form follows function.....all sport-tourers look about the same.

Posted using Tapatalk 2 via my RAZR

I think with any model you can find a likeness of it in another brand if you really look

Got the cover shot, "New luxury sport tourer". Rave review, all that we could hope for really. Tag line "it has the performance to excite, the amenities to satisfy and the technology to dazzle. The more I rode it, the more I wanted to ride it, the farther I wanted to go."

I'll get to sit on one next weekend.

Let us know what you think after you sit on it.

Got to sit on it this morning. This new Trophy is right in the hunt with the modern Goldwing, K14, K1600GT, Etc... Big bike with all the toys, loved the heated seat. It felt very comfortable, but massive compared to my 900 Trophy. Honestly my Trophy is just a Sprint with a bit more plastic, the new Trophy is the real full size Sport Touring package.

Everything looked top notch and well thought out. No more melting boot heels! Pulled back bars, with upright seating. It felt like a bike some good rider had farkled it to perfection, and those lights look like they would make up for the crappy ones on my bike.

I am looking forward to seeing one of these in the "flesh", as it were.

I sat on one and IMHO it was just too big.
I've owned big bikes in the past but as I'm getting older I think sometimes "less is more".

Edit,

Sorry people my mistake I re-read the thread and actually my comment relates to the Tiger Explorer. BLUSH

Got to sit on it this morning. This new Trophy is right in the hunt with the modern Goldwing, K14, K1600GT, Etc... Big bike with all the toys, loved the heated seat. It felt very comfortable, but massive compared to my 900 Trophy. Honestly my Trophy is just a Sprint with a bit more plastic, the new Trophy is the real full size Sport Touring package.

Everything looked top notch and well thought out. No more melting boot heels! Pulled back bars, with upright seating. It felt like a bike some good rider had farkled it to perfection, and those lights look like they would make up for the crappy ones on my bike.

Thanks for the report. Well done. I definitely want to test ride one

I sat on one and IMHO it was just too big.
I've owned big bikes in the past but as I'm getting older I think sometimes "less is more".

Edit,

Sorry people my mistake I re-read the thread and actually my comment relates to the Tiger Explorer. BLUSH

+1 I feel the same way, Kevin.

It's not supposed to compete with a Goldwing or K1600GT, but more the Honda ST1300 and BMW's 1200s. It just has more "stuff" than those do....more like the Goldwing, etc.

Ahhhh...yes the melted boot heels! Thank goodness my boot heels and the pipes are both black!!

I also know what you mean about the terrible headlights on the Trophy. You'd think having two, they'd be good, but they suck. That will be a major improvement if the new Trophy's work like headlights should work!

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom