stu109

Local time
Today, 06:26
First Name
Stuart
My Ride
Triumph Tiger
Hi
I have 1 1999 855i tiger. It has a unusual vibration/rumble/judder at about 3000 revs. Fine below than and above. Has been like that since I got the bike and has remained the same despite a full service.
Anyone any thoughts what it might be?
Stuart

Sounds like it could be chain and sprockets or even rubber cush drive in rear hub , it could also be a fueling issue ?

Hi
Thanks for the reply. I was planning to replace the chain and sprockets so will start there to see if there is any improvement.
Stuart

Hi
I have 1 1999 855i tiger. It has a unusual vibration/rumble/judder at about 3000 revs. Fine below than and above. Has been like that since I got the bike and has remained the same despite a full service.
Anyone any thoughts what it might be?
Stuart
Presume you bought the bike used not new.....prob is you will never know whats been done to it....lots of things.....at some time it could have blown a piston for instance.....and the replacement maybe after-maker and a bit heavier or lighter ect ect.

Also have you experience with other 1999 tiger owners....are they usual smooth running at all RPMs....had Triumph refined there engines back then.

I say that as I am quite new to bikes but not engines and balancing of engines.

My 2020 T100 engine has an engine balance shaft to help keep it vibration free and vibrations free it is....does you engine have a balance shaft....if so could it be out of adjustment.

I also own an old single cylinder 1969 British bike....now that has vibrations.....but I sort of expect it to have some.

Hope you find your answers.

Nick in the UK.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom