US Paint Code for 1976 T140V

silverfox41

Local time
Yesterday, 23:09
My Ride
1976 T140V
I would like to find out the US paint code for the 1976 T140V {Polychromatic Blue} paint. Ditzler or other paint brand suitable for a Triumph gas tank. Thank you.

l have the same bike, only mine is white/red, can't find my color code or anyone with any idea of a color that will come close enough that it would look orig. i can "get away" with the white, but not the red. I use to have connections with friends that had body shops, they have all retired or died, old age is a bitch, should not complain i'm still riding.

Don't take this as a given but as I understand it in the U.K., Polychromatic Blue has the I.C.I. ref PO31/4863 and is made up as follows:
Clear Base 404 ------- 488 parts
PO30/9995 ------- 170 parts
PO30/9970 ------- 20 parts
PO62/9970 ------- 114 parts
PO63/9904 ------- 82 parts
PO62/9900 ------- 64 parts
PO62/9949 ------- 38 parts

Other members may have a better idea on this

grandpaul, they look like they may have just what i need, thanks

They always do.

How do I find out what colour my 76 Bonnie originally was from factory ?

The J.R. Nelson book, "Bonnie" shows the colour as Poly-red with an optional colour of blue.
The B & W picture in the book shows a side panel of a light colour - white or cream. (?)

There are NO "color codes" for original classic Triumph paint. Don Hutchinson is THE MAN.

You might find 'cheaper' paint, but it's not likely to be CORRECT unless you really get lucky.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom