Staff
Local time
Yesterday, 20:14
First Name
Carl
My Ride
2020 Bonneville T120 Black
Riding Since
Built for supreme comfort and agile handling, the Trophy SE is equipped with everything you need to ride in style. Starting at $18,999, this bike features high-level equipment such as cruise control, traction control, SiriusXM™ Satellite Radio, Bluetooth® connectivity, electronic screen adjustment, electronic suspension adjustment and ABS as standard. The Trophy SE also includes extended service intervals and a two-year manufacturer warranty for added peace of mind.

In stores January 2013.

A little rich for my thin wallet.

The Canadian price is $1000.00 more.
With our Goods and Services tax (VAT) of 15% on top of that, I don't see them flying out of the showroom here.
Nice, but no thanks.
I don't do enough long distance travelling to warrant such a sophisticated machine anyway - and that's not sour grapes.

That's still way cheaper than it's BMW competitor which is what I figured from the beginning when people were saying it would be $22,000 or more.

It's actually quite a deal at that price.

I WILL have one this coming Spring. I don't want to buy a bike I will have to look at all Winter and by Spring, the price may be either down a bit or not OVER the sticker price. It's already almost too cold to ride (in the morning and after dark it's downright COLD). I'm already having to wear layers that I can take off as the day warms and put back on when the sun goes down.

What you say about the morning and evening temps is oh so true!
Yesterday at 6:00 AM at dawn it was only 10C(50F). It was sunny, but I waited until about 9:30 for it to warm up a bit and then I went for a ride. The liners are back in my jackets and the cold weather gloves are out.

Yes....our riding season is FAR too short Rocky!!! ANGER

Oh well....if anyone's ever in the market for a used bike, they normally have many low-mileage ones in our neck of the woods!!

BTW...I can't rep you Carl without spreading it around so I will here (I also "liked" your post).

I just noticed that they've delayed the intro in the USA until January. That settles it for me. I DEFINITELY couldn't buy one in January unless I had a closed trailer to haul it home in. And I'm not about to use one of my horse trailers either!

Yes....our riding season is FAR too short Rocky!!! ANGER

Oh well....if anyone's ever in the market for a used bike, they normally have many low-mileage ones in our neck of the woods!!
Yeah, same here. I'm pretty disgusted at how little mileage I put on my bikes this year. I didn't even put 1000 miles on my Bonneville so far :y13:
I switched to Amsoil synthetic oil in my H***a last year, but I'm not putting enough mileage on it either to warrant synthetic so I think I'll go back to dino oil.

The Canadian price is $1000.00 more.
With our Goods and Services tax (VAT) of 15% on top of that, I don't see them flying out of the showroom here.
Nice, but no thanks.
I don't do enough long distance travelling to warrant such a sophisticated machine anyway - and that's not sour grapes.

I understand exactly what you mean. I believe I would really like that bike; but I would have to give up my Tiger XC plus go in debt and that isn't going to happen.

That's still way cheaper than it's BMW competitor which is what I figured from the beginning when people were saying it would be $22,000 or more.

It's actually quite a deal at that price.

I WILL have one this coming Spring. I don't want to buy a bike I will have to look at all Winter and by Spring, the price may be either down a bit or not OVER the sticker price. It's already almost too cold to ride (in the morning and after dark it's downright COLD). I'm already having to wear layers that I can take off as the day warms and put back on when the sun goes down.

Yes, it really is a good deal - a lot of bang for the buck. And less than the BMW. I think Triumph has done well and I hope it will take some business away from BMW.

I surely want to see what you get come Spring. TUP

Yeah, same here. I'm pretty disgusted at how little mileage I put on my bikes this year. I didn't even put 1000 miles on my Bonneville so far :y13:
I switched to Amsoil synthetic oil in my H***a last year, but I'm not putting enough mileage on it either to warrant synthetic so I think I'll go back to dino oil.

I, too, have ridden relatively little this year, only about 5,000 miles. Normally I ride 8,000 to 10,000 per year. I just have had too much going on in the last 15 months.

So I can't see us SA riders getting much change, if any, from ZAR200,000-00! :y19:

So I can't see us SA riders getting much change, if any, from ZAR200,000-00! :y19:

18,999.00 USD = 158,531.78 ZAR So it should be around this price more or less, a bit heavy for me I think :y13:

It is a pricey bike - in anyone's currency. It is not overpriced, just pricey.

Yes I don't think it is overpriced for what you get but far to much $ for what I can give :y2:

Exactly. But I would like to have one. :y2:

Don't forget this is the SE model (with electrically adjustable suspension and the sound system and a few other gizmos). I'd expect the standard model to be about 15% less than the SE.

It is a pricey bike - in anyone's currency. It is not overpriced, just pricey.
I agree, I don't think it's overpriced for what you get. It's just a little too specialized for the type of riding I do so I don't have any desire to own one.
Even if I didn't have the bikes I have now it wouldn't appeal to me. I like bikes that are more-or-less "standard" and a bit sporty.

Don't forget this is the SE model (with electrically adjustable suspension and the sound system and a few other gizmos). I'd expect the standard model to be about 15% less than the SE.

You are probably correct, but they won't be selling anything but the SE in the USA.

A guy that is a Triumph technician at a Triumph-BMW dealership on the Gulf Coast of Florida said this about the new Trophy's US price:

Yep, that's what we're expecting. The base BMW has less features then the Triumph, and working for both Marquees, the Triumph is the far better buy.

In service alone, it will be half the cost with the Triumph, having a 10K service interval, apposed to the BMW at 6,000. Far less quality issues too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forum Runner

You sold me Seeker, would you be interested in financing options for me? I'm good for it really :y15:

I think its gonna be a great bike for Triumph. The price is way outta my range, but not outta the range of the BMW crowd. And with less frequent and costly maintenance intervals and more "goodies" up front. If I where in that niche' market, I'd be all over the Triumph. Plus if I am not mistakin more HP and a far better exhaust note. Whats not to love? I think a few beemer converts will be joining the site soon :y2: Can't wait to see yours when you get it.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom