Used 2018 T120 or 2014 Honda CB1100 Deluxe?

Help! New to biking. I am a 62-year-old going through a midlife crisis. Got my license last fall, and just took the intermediate MSF course. Test drove a Bonneville T100 this past weekend and liked it. Actually, I rented it through twistedroad.com for an entire day and put about 130 miles on it. Not too much bike for me. Looking at a used 2018 T120, as opposed to a 2014 CB 1100 deluxe. The Honda is $1000-$1500 less than this T120. Any insight? Also, I’m concerned about T120 review comments about water getting into triumph instrumentation? Were instrumentation issues corrected by 2018?
[/Well I have given up my CBF1000 for the T120 ----yes the Honda was reliable , well built ----but no more so than the Triumph, yes I miss the Honda but the T120 is actually more comfy ----its as quick at the speeds where you spend most of your time, ( falls behind the Honda at 80plus although not by much) and is a super cool ride! it gives sensations that the Honda just can't the Honda engine is smooth rapid ----but bland ---until you really, really push it then it starts to howl. The triumph just gives that sunny day feel good factor. yes the spoked wheels are a pain I would have gone for cast as in the T100 had they been available. i loved the honda fairing but the triumph long haul screen makes a good fist of weather/blast protection. IF I was doing long tours ----the Honda for sure, day jaunts ---Triumph wins.

Welcome to the fun!
I have a 2018 T120 that has been problem free,
I down sized from a BMW K1300GT, Yah I missed the fairing - added a windscreen. Do not miss the extra 200+ pounds of the BMW, don't miss the high center of gravity either.
Love the look of the T120, day rides are easy and fun and I don't have to be as careful about the slope of where I park. This is my 63rd year of riding started when I was 14

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom