Where y'all from

Midland, New Brunswick ,Canada . Roads can be rough but beautiful area in the summer. My bike (2013 Bonnie) is sleeping in the shop as it's minus 12 C here this morning and I hate cold. Be riding again end of April/first of May.

I'am in SE Michigan. Would be cool to have someone from round here that i could ride occasionally with. Since i have never seen another S3 on the road i doubt it will happen. Where is everyone from?
How about Calgary Alberta, the city of the world's famous yearly Stampede :)

Miami, FL. Have been the owner of this TBS for 20 years.

Bristol, UK. It's only a month sailing away from you. I know that because America was "discovered" by John Cabot, who sailed from here to your land in 1497, and it took him a month to get there.
Colombus? He didn't even make it to America, he landed in the Carribbean, don't know why the history books bang on about him.
There's a copy of Cabot's ship, the Matthew, in our harbour. Quite near the SS Great Britain, built in the docks, first steam service to America, first steam ship I believe.

Screenshot_2023-03-07-20-28-32-081_com.android.chrome.jpg

Central Michigan. Getting close to riding time. Still cold and snow on the ground. 1996 Triumph Adventurer 900.
Close to midland just west.

Attachments

• A9FE34A5-4A51-4949-A6D5-A38D9A18E1D9.jpeg
    A9FE34A5-4A51-4949-A6D5-A38D9A18E1D9.jpeg
    337.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 57FB61D8-285D-4E61-8FD8-9C5E8C230412.jpeg
    57FB61D8-285D-4E61-8FD8-9C5E8C230412.jpeg
    343.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I'am in SE Michigan. Would be cool to have someone from round here that i could ride occasionally with. Since i have never seen another S3 on the road i doubt it will happen. Where is everyone from?
North Georgia USA

Bristol, UK. It's only a month sailing away from you. I know that because America was "discovered" by John Cabot, who sailed from here to your land in 1497, and it took him a month to get there.
Colombus? He didn't even make it to America, he landed in the Carribbean, don't know why the history books bang on about him.
There's a copy of Cabot's ship, the Matthew, in our harbour. Quite near the SS Great Britain, built in the docks, first steam service to America, first steam ship I believe.

View attachment 53674
Fun fact- Columbus discovered Hispaniola(now Dominican Republic & Haiti), which is very much part of the North American land mass. Zuan Chabotto/Giovanni Caboto, AKA "John Cabot" was actually an Italian explorer commissioned by Henry VII to seek various commercial opportunities in the western Atlantic. His first landing was on the Canadian coast, probably Newfoundland or Nova Scotia. His subsequent landings, if any, are unknown and theories abound.

Archaeologists have proven the existence of at least one Viking settlement in Newfoundland dating back to the 11th Century. There are various authentic dated writings mentioning European landings going back to at least 1470 but these are informal correspondence and not official documents. There is nothing mentioned on any official or government documents of any successful expeditions prior to Columbus.

Fun fact- Columbus discovered Hispaniola(now Dominican Republic & Haiti), which is very much part of the North American land mass
Geography isn't my strong point. But ... aren't those islands? Not mainland?
John Cabot" was actually an Italian explorer commissioned by Henry VII to seek various commercial opportunities in the western Atlantic. His first landing was on the Canadian coast, probably Newfoundland
Yes, Newfoundland. Which is mainland.

For last 26 years north of Dallas, Texas, has been my home after about 35 years in Lawton, Oklahoma. Lived in Germany in the late 60s (college in Munich). East of Cincinnati was my home for first 12 years.

For last 26 years north of Dallas, Texas, has been my home after about 35 years in Lawton, Oklahoma. Lived in Germany in the late 60s (college in Munich). East of Cincinnati was my home for first 12 years.
Must have been an interesting time to live in Germany in the late 60’s.

Victoria British Columbia Canada.

His first landing was on the Canadian coast, probably Newfoundland or Nova Scotia.
Yes, Newfoundland. Which is mainland.

If you're going to quote, don't cherry-pick. Columbus is attributed to having discovered "North America" or "The Americas" depending on the source. He didn't stop at Hispaniola.

Last edited:
i rode triumph 500 bikes since the 70 's on long island NY. HAD A GOOD TIME! then my bike got stolen by a friend who thought i was in on a robbery done by a junkie who later died from AIDS. i now own a 72 daytona with a hopped up motor that has higher compression and electronic ignition. hard to kick start so i have to sell it as i am in my 70's. always had a blast! I lived near the Belmont race track. NOW I AM IN AZ!

If you're going to quote, don't cherry-pick. Columbus is attributed to having discovered "North America" or "The Americas" depending on the source. He didn't stop at Hispaniola.
I'm not cherry picking, perhaps I didn't express myself well...
Cabot landed on mainland America before Columbus. Colombus landed in the Caribbean before Cabot landed on mainland America.
As you said, Vikings got there before either. And of course the indigenous peoples were there long, long before.

Footnote.
Columbus went on to claim South America for Spain, and Cabot claimed Canada and America for Henry Vll.
If it wasn't for Cabot, you'd perhaps be a Spanish speaker?

Well let’s not forget there were people here before the Europeans showed up. LoL. I think they discovered the Americas.

Must have been an interesting time to live in Germany in the late 60’s.
It was. I had a good paying job for a college kid and a car along with access to US military facilities (I wasn’t in the military) including the cheap gasoline. All of Munich was our campus. Mark was = to a quarter of a US dollar. A liter of beer was 1 Mark. Skiing was cheap and close. Road trips all over Western Europe including one through Yugoslavia to Athens. The people were great. I was living a dream.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom