Gear1

Riding for 3 Years
Local time
Today, 06:10
First Name
Craig Taylor
My Ride
20218 Triumph Bonneville T100
A question for the Triumph brain trust: my 2018 Bonneville T100 will wobble when i aggressively straighten up the bike when exiting a turn. Below 60 mph the wobble damps out after 3-4 cycles. At higher speeds it takes 5 -6 cycles to damp out. I can also cause a wobble by a small but sharp push on either hand grip. Obviously I can damp the wobble by firmly grasping both handgrips. I’ve been reluctant to test this above 80 mph, as it appears that the wobble might go unstable and actually get worse rather than damping out. Is there anything that can be done about this or is it the nature of the frame and suspension design?
Craig

Vector

Riding for 51 Years
Local time
Today, 05:10
First Name
Gary
My Ride
2022 Street Twin
What tires are you running, what condition are they in?

Gear1

Riding for 3 Years
Local time
First Name
Craig Taylor
My Ride
Sorry, I omitted this, Vector. Avon Storm 3D, front 110/80-ZR18 (10mm wider than the stock Pirelli front, same diameter), rear 150/70-ZR17 (stock size). Tires are new this spring, approx 1000 miles, wearing very evenly, and well balanced.
Craig

Vector

Riding for 51 Years
Local time
Today, 05:10
First Name
Gary
My Ride
2022 Street Twin
Did you make any other changes?

Gear1

Riding for 3 Years
Local time
First Name
Craig Taylor
My Ride
No other changes. However I have been riding a bit more aggressively as the Avon tires inspire a great deal more confidence than the OEM Pirellis. The Avon front tire is a bit heavier due to the slightly larger size and radial construction; because of this it requires a bit more counter steer push on the handlebar to get the bike to turn into a corner. Perhaps this is the cause along with a bit of frame flex?
Craig

dacvulcan

Riding for 55 Years
Local time
Today, 08:10
First Name
Dennis
My Ride
2022 Triumph Bonneville T100 Gold Line
A question for the Triumph brain trust: my 2018 Bonneville T100 will wobble when i aggressively straighten up the bike when exiting a turn. Below 60 mph the wobble damps out after 3-4 cycles. At higher speeds it takes 5 -6 cycles to damp out. I can also cause a wobble by a small but sharp push on either hand grip. Obviously I can damp the wobble by firmly grasping both handgrips. I’ve been reluctant to test this above 80 mph, as it appears that the wobble might go unstable and actually get worse rather than damping out. Is there anything that can be done about this or is it the nature of the frame and suspension design?
Craig
I have a new T100 Gold Line and when I take my left hand off the bar to wave I feel slight shaking and also wonder if it is the chassis design or the stock Pirelli Phantoms. I have the feeling that is I took both hands off it would tank slap.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom